• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    We are staying in Bradenton Florida and the nicest public range I have ever been to is only half an our away. The RO's are friendly and respectful while maintaining a safe facility, and did I mention they have steel at 560 yards and 1000 yards? I am still working up loads for a Savage 12fcp in .308 I bought off an ingo member so of course I had to take my reloading equipment.
    Since the vacation house has no where to mount the press I took a 3" muffler clamp and attached a Hornady classic to the bike rack.
    picture.php

Pic of the range,
    picture.php
    Paper at 2 and 3, tires and steel at 560yards and more steel at 1000.

Back to the Savage, 178 Amax best at 100 yards, 155 Amax best at 1000 yards. They both shot better than 175 SMK's. With the 155's the steel 8" gong at 560 was boring, you just hit it every time. at 1000 my best was 3 consecutive hits with the 155's. It was fun to fire then wait for the impact at 1000, that's a long trip even for a bullet!

Last edited:

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    When I had a boat with sleeping quarters I had a press mounted in the galley.

Never thought to hang one on a bike rack, and it's a sharp idea.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    The mrs. and I spend alot of weekends camping [sort of] in our motorhome- I often clamp my press to the picnic table and amuse myself while she naps, reads, etc. Great relaxing way to while away the hours. Good conversation starter now and then with your neighboring campers!

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I gotta admit, Joe, that's the best " mounted with a muffler clamp" reloading set up I've ever seen! In fact that's the best one.
    Gimme a holler when you're home and settled.

Top Bottom