• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueDog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I'm considering picking up a Sig p239 for concealed carry purposes, but these are somewhat hard to come by. Does anyone carry a 239 - if so, what do you think? Is it worth tracking one down or not? I have spent a fair amount of time with the Sig 220 (including formal training) and am partial to the Sig DA/SA format and trigger.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i love mine,picked it up about 20 years ago, if you can afford it, buy it, sigs are not cheap(you know that you have a 220) but worth every penny!
    mine has meprolight night sites and hogue rosewood grips, i carry her her in a uncle mikes iwb, or a blade tec paddle holster,and she eats hornady critical defense 135 grain 9mm bullets!

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    GO FOR IT!!
    My EDC is a p239 in 40S&W. Carried in a crossbreed supertuck, atop an SOE low profile EDC belt. I absolutely love it. Because you are familiar with the sig platform and have trained with it, I think you will enjoy carrying it. It will compliment the p220 nicely.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    My daughter's carry pistol is a Sig P239. When she first shot it, the first words out of her mouth were "I like this!" She was on target first shot at 25 yards and had no trouble keeping the shots in places that would easily ruin an aggressor's day. I wish I was as good a shot as my daughter!!!

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I also recommend it. If you like the Sig manual or arms and are familiar with it then this is a great CCW. It shoots just as well as Sig's larger handguns but easily conceals in a good IWB holster. It's a great gun with a proven track record.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    My wife carries the 239. She loves it and it's never had FTE or FTF, but it's a metal gun and a little heavier than the plastic frame alternatives. Sig is a little more pricey, but a quality gun.

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    ^^^^^ this right here

That is one thing I didn't mention. Believe it or not the P239 is about the same dims as a Glock 19. Yet it is a single stack. And it is heavier than all the Tupperware type guns. So, it is a compromise on some points. It is all about what is important to you and what you are comfortable carrying. I started off a Glock guy and moved to Sigs. For me, the trigger and the confidence I gain with it outweighs some of the compromises I make when carrying it.

That said, despite what the tale of the tape tells me, I subjectively find the P239 very easy to conceal. I run it in a Raven Phantom with IWB attachments. It disappears with just a t shirt as a cover garment. So, to stay with a consistent manual of arms(all Sig) across all my pistols I carry my P239 despite the trade offs. But being honest about the gun there are definitely compromises to be made carrying it. Colion Noir has a funny "review" of the gun on his channel that covers these points.

Last edited:

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    The P239 is my EDC. I carry it almost every day, all year long. I use a Remora IWB holster. It conceals easy ant the weight is fine. I can even use the Remora Holster with draw string shorts. The 239 stays in place. I often slide a spare mag in my pocket. I highly recommend the 239. I have four Sigs and they are all reliable and great shooters.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Great gun for EDC. Have a leather Stoner IWB holster that is very comfortable with a decent belt. A little heavy to just stuff in a pocket holster. Previously carried a Keltec P3AT and feel much more confident that if I need the Sig it will go bang enough times to eliminate the threat. The Sig is also a pleasure to take to the range.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I've got a P239-9mm and I like to carry it because it it's nice compact size. I've owned it for about 15 years and only recently realized how much I like carrying it.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Hell yeah...

P239 SAS Gen 2 two-tone in 357 SIG here :rockwoot:

Found it up in Mishawaka and damn glad I jumped on it. Some gun dealer's sites now show it as discontinued... I hope not because it's a really cool variant of the P239.

Top Bottom