• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Big, ugly, not extremely reliable but the price is great. I had a 45 pistol and a 9mm carbine for awhile but, I sold them because I needed money!

Both were accurate and fun to shoot and HP has excellent customer service and warranty!

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Nothing wrong with a hi-point.
    7718c9dd.jpg

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    I have a .380. Big, ugly, and the grip feels almost slippery. It eats up anything I have put through it with only a couple FTE's, most likely due to me never cleaning it.
    All in all not a terrible gun. I will not buy another though.

e-jism

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    I don't own one, but have heard a lot of good things about their reliability. Considered buying a 9mm for the glove box.

jervancoltsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Monrovia
    I had one about 17 yrs ago and it was a piece of crap. Sounds as if their quality has improved since then. I guess the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Good luck!

grand champ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    My first gun was a .40 hipoint. Several stovepipes every time I took it out shooting,so I sold it. I did buy a .9mm carbine,it was reliable but I felt overall hipoints are cheaply made(& cheaply sold) products

mbafta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Warrick Co.
    The good thing about Hi-Point is their price. They don't claim to be top of the line and are priced accordingly. They are not trying to fool anyone. You know what your getting when you buy a 9mm for $150....:twocents:

klug3835

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    I have a .45 hi point. Just like many people have said: big, cheap, ugly but extremely reliable and pretty accurate. i shot it just as accurate as my brother shot his kimber. (obviously this comparison takes into consideration shooting skill, but you get the point.)

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    I have a Hi Point .45 pistol. It was my 1st handgun and it was what I could afford. I still have it and it shoots anything I load in it. Cheap steel cased ammo, Hollow points, WWB, a coworker even gave me some reloads he made that would not work in his Glock and it shot them all without a misfire. I have not gave this gun a complete cleaning in over 1000 rounds and it goes bang every time.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have one of the 9mm luger ones and don't necessarily care for it, granted my main squeeze is a PX4.. when I have shot my hi-point on rare occasion it has failed to load a round correctly a couple times but could be due to ammo.. am actually hoping to sell mine at some point in the near future to get a 22 or something else since I have the PX4, nice thing about the hi point is it has a lifetime warranty and it's easy to pick up additional magazines for it... hard to find too many guns for the price of a hi point that aren't completely worthless...

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Had one a couple years ago in 40S&W. Big and heavy and the recoil was very manageable with it. Ran flawlessly for about 4 mags. After that it would malfunction every 3-4 rounds. I ended up just giving it away to a buddy of mine. Wasn't good for much of anything unless you needed a big paper weight or just really liked clearing malfunctions. I wouldn't recommend them for anything except a range gun only.

Saying that, I do know some people that have them and have put hundreds, if not thousands, of rounds through theirs with no issues.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I know about half a dozen guys that have 'em in 9mm and .45, and one .40.

As noted by others here, they're not really a carry gun, but as a range toy or a nightstand, hard to beat for the price.

Having shot several, IMO they're a 'tool', which is all a pistol or carbine is SUPPOSED to be.

Of course, like everyone else, I prefer something 'prettier' or more ergonomic (to my hands), maybe lighter, maybe 'cooler'. But a gun that goes 'bang' every time you pull the trigger is pretty hard to ignore, IMO.

And I think up here in the "Indiana corner", LOL, they're right at or under $200.

Haven't had any experience with their customer service, but what I've read and heard from others (as is the case here), Hi-Point's customer service is par excellence.

JMO.

Mark33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I looked at one, they are good on customer service from what I've heard, however it did not "feel" good in my hand. Even though the price was great I ended up getting a LCP.

Top Bottom