• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mothgils

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I am an Eagle Scout as well but unfortunately never made it to Philmont. I hope that when my son is old enough, if he is Boy Scouts, that we can make that trip.

I think the Gander Mountain in Greenwood had one of the Eagle versions of the Henry on display.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    One of the few regrets in my life is that I did not reach Eagle. My Troop folded and I didn't look for a new one.

Hoping to make that up with my sons. I am a Scoutmaster and my boys are Star and 1st Class and both have been told they can't drive till they get Eagle! :)

TrentS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Speedway
    I am an Eagle Scout as well. Never went to Philmont. We spent ever summer camp on Monroe Res. at Camp Ransburg where I spent every day shooting 22lr at the range. I'd trade with other Scouts for their range tickets to get more time. Great Fun!

Hwseeker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Nice to know that there are so many Scouts out there! I was not a Scout, but I am involved in my local BSA troop. My son is an Eagle.

Many fine memories and many more to come!

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    I am an Eagle; current serving as an Assistant Webelos leader, did not make it to Philmont yet, but my son has 7 more years of Scouts-- so, in the next 5 years may just get there.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Scouts

Kudos to the Scouts, past, present, and future! I'm not a Scout but I have a grandson who recently made Life. There's a Ruger 10/22 Boy Scout model in my safe waiting for him to make Eagle. He may make it before he gets a drivers license. We're pretty proud of him.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Congrats to all of the Eagle Scouts, that is quite an accomplishment. I was not a Scout, but my Son was and made Life, got his drivers license and never completed his Eagle project. He will regret someday. In hind site, no DL and driving until you finish your Eagle Project.

Both of those Henry Rifles are beautiful.

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Nother eagle scout here. Never made it to Philmont even during my time as a counselor. I have to admit I like that rifle and would love it on my wall...but as others have said the temptation to take it to the range would be VERY stong

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    just missed my window window to make Eagle because i moved to Guam for a year, and couldn't bear the thought of being in another Troop without my buddies. Moved back to NM and my buddies and i along with my Scoutmaster proceeded to form a new troop because of political bs. turned 18 before the required amount of time between Life and Eagle. I don't regret not getting my Eagle or getting in the Order of the Arrow because I spent my teenage years with the best bunch of guys any fellow can ask for. i will always remember them fondly.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Of all the things I did in my Youth...my Eagle Scout Rank is my proudest and also the one that the most people at work recognize. Definitely feel as if its an elite fraternity. Hope it always remains as such.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Philmont in 1984. Carried a fat Scoutmaster down the Tooth of Time. Never went back and I hurt just thinking about that.

Never made Eagle as no one came to my service project even though I helped on everyone else's project. Best friend even rode by on his bike ignoring me. I threw rake at him but missed his wheels.

Bitter about Scouts, but you should enjoy the Henry. I bought my father a Henry lever action .22 years ago and he enjoys it throughly.

Top Bottom