Any place in the South Bend area to shoot clays?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Never been there before, but there is a club next to the South Bend country club. Filmore road on the curve were it turns into country club dr. Not sure if they are still open or what the hours are. Found it... Here is there info...

Chain O' Lakes Gun Club - Michigan City, Indiana - Skeet Trap

They are still open we get complaints from neighbors about the shooting. I tell them there's nothing wrong with what their doing its all done safely.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I've never tried it, looks like fun, hopefully you guys can suggest a place.

Wild Acres in White Pigeon, MI
    I haven't shot there but have been there on several Saturdays picking up guns or reloading supplies and the shooters have always been very friendly.

I picked up a Beretta Shotgun to shoot with them but due to my regular job and how busy I have been with my side business I haven't been able to shoot with them.

They start at 9:00 am on Saturday and shoot trap and sporting clays.

They shoot all year long, in fact they only missed two Saturdays last year. The owner Weir Stone is 93 and still coon hunts.

His ammo is cheaper than Walmart and I like to give my money to a guy like Weir. He was a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Conscientious Objector during the war and has some great stories to tell. He was a Fire Jumper.[/FONT]

Wild Acres - White Pigeon, Michigan - Trap Sporting Clays

PMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I believe trap shooting is shut down until spring, but you don't need to be a member to shoot trap on Sundays at the St. Joseph County Restoration Club. It's open to the public, $4 for a 25 bird round.

If you are a member you can shoot on the trap range any time during shooting hours, but you do need to bring your own targets and thrower.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I've never tried it, looks like fun, hopefully you guys can suggest a place.
    There's a group of us from the SB area that shoot sporting clays most Friday's at the back forty in Bremen when the weather is decent, some shoot 50 rounds for fun and exercise and some shoot 100 rounds for score at the ten different stations they have. It's more fun than words can really do justice, and no BS new shooters are made to feel welcome and you can benefit from the expertise of some top notch shooters and get to mount and try a variety of shotguns that no average man's budget could lay hands on in a lifetime.

It's inexpensive ($16.00 total for five birds at each station), the first five stations are relatively easy and the next five a little more challenging but feel free to tag along we look forward to going every week and really enjoy it. Some of the newer shooters are taking ten shots at the first five stations and really improving their skill level quickly that way and observing the last stations, whatever you're comfortable with.

If you want to come along and just watch the first time and press the button when we call for a bird that's a good way to get started and see how it all works.

Top Bottom