• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I went out tonight and picked some raspberries. I have a nutri ninja and I love to mix kale, spinach, banana blue berry and raspberries for a pick me up drink. this is the best time of year to get some fresh berries and give the drinks an extra good taste.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Pick wild raspberries around here this time of year, but I'll either eat them as is or make wine out of them. Can't see mixing them with the green stuff, but to each his own.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    They are growing at my house, a couple friends of mine came over and picked quite a few last week! Blackberries are what I want!

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've been picking my blackberries every few days lately. Berries = Yum!!

Conversely, chiggers = hell.

Forgot to coat myself in Off once. Once was all it took for over a dozen of the little bleepers to chew into me. It's been a week, and I'm just now getting past the itchies. Ugh!!!

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Wild blackberries, raspberries, and mulberries. l made a couple quarts of jam from mulberries, and some juice from raspberries and blackberries.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm hoping to get over to Guenthenspberger Farm in Daleville to pick several quarts of the ambrosia that is black raspberries.

gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Been picking lots of mulberries and just getting to the raspberries. Wife just made our second pie and it smells great! Looking forward to getting some blackberries. The chiggers have got me too. The wife no. Breaking out the spray the next time.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    We got 4 gallons of cherries off our tree and left the rest for the birds.

I lost track of how many strawberries we got, but it was a pretty good year for those. Now its time to rejuvenate the bed and get ready for next year.

Our raspberries havn't come on yet.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    anyone close to grant county can come pick all they want... there were blackberries out back last year but have not checked. Tons of raspberry's... I will give you all the raspberry's you can pick.. also if you want starts.

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    I think this has been just a good year for berries, kind of like good years for mushrooms. In-laws have picked multiple gallons of them this year.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Picked sour cherries for last ten days and have made 25 qts of juice. Raspberries started a week ago and wife made several cobblers. Goes great with Kroger's vanilla ice cream. Blue berries just started last week and looks to be a bumper crop.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I use to hate picking when I was a kid and felt like it was forced child labor. lol now its just relaxing to get out by myself an not be bothered. I also miss all the pies and cobblers my grandmother use to make. no one ever makes it like grandma did.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    The rasberries are startin this weekend.Wife and kids love em.I am waiting for the wild Blackberries.All this rain,they are huge and plenty this year. Got some Arapahoes planted,and they do well,and are the size of a half dollar,but nothing beats the wild ones.

Top Bottom