Any one else get "made" at thanksgiving dinner?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If I got "made" nobody said anything about it. I was sitting on the couch watching the baby play and my wife layed down and proceeded to use my lap as a pillow. That is when she felt the revolver in my pocket jab her in the head. Yes my revolver, not my gun.
    Either way, if she didn't object, it's a good thing.:yesway:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It would have been more fun the other way.

:D We left the kids at Grandma's house for the night. Only problem is that I found myself in a situation where I had to remove my pants in a hurry. When I went to pick them up again my snubby fell out of the pocket and landed on my toe. Wife was watching the whole show. Guess that was the second time I got "made" on Thanksgiving. Hard to be cool on the internet when your gun falls on your toe, but it is a story worth [STRIKE]telling[/STRIKE]...Umm, bragging about.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I guess you could say I got made...But not accidentally. I went to Dover Tennessee for thanksgiving to hang with my fiance's family and brought the following to Thanksgiving dinner: Sig Sauer 5.56, Remington 870, Glock23C, Taurus pt1911, Beretta px4 SC (9mm), Ruger Sr9C, Taurus pt111, S&W 442, and my S&W 22-A:ar15:
    ...Had a hell of a time trying to keep those concealed so we just took em out back and planted some lead seeds:D...Needless to say it was a great turkey day weekend.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't think anyone suspected, but I was concealing my BOB on me throughout the day. :shady:

Baggie Of Bacon

A Friend of 2A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Getting made at a family dinner - not too worried about, both my and I carry, my mother-in-law carries, father-in-law pro gun, sister-in-law and her hubby both pro gun, now you wondering about my family they are about 3500miles away in Canada, so not too many family get-togethers on that front.

reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    i got made by my aunt, we were standing side by side and the turkey was coming through and she bumped it. She is pro-gun she ask what i was carrying
    this time. LOL she is carrying her usual a S&W 686 (not on her but in her purse). gotta love a redneck family.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Both sides of the family come to my house for T-day. I put an unbuttoned button up shirt on over my t-shirt to cover the hardware out of politeness but I made no further efforts to conceal. If I was "made" it wouldn't have surprised anyone.

Same situation when my "Anti-gun" inlaws came to my house. They know better than to begin to argue with me on it in my own home. When I'm at their house up north, it stays in the vehicle per their request but when we go out and about it's on me and back in the vehicle when we go back in their house.

When I go to my pacifist aunt/uncles house I take it off out of respect for them. They aren't anti gun, they're anti violence and actually condone my carrying but prefer to not have guns in their own homes.

At my Grandfathers house I carry, he's the one that taught me about the outdoors and all types of different weapons. I've had some of the pro gun, anti carry people in my family make comments but luckily? there have been enough meth heads breaking into homes in their area lately that they actually seem to appreciate my carrying.

So I guess the answer is maybe...... if anyone noticed, they probably already knew I would be and would expect no less of me.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Dinner at my house. No one made my HK USPc however I struck up a conversation with an in-law family member after my FIL told him I owned. Not sure if he assumes I carry all the time but maybe. During the conversation I told this other family member he was welcome to carry at my house any time (he said he wasn't at the time). We now have plans to go have some fun together at the range.

Nice how that went.

Top Bottom