• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    I was browsing the Jeep thread and thought I'd start a military vehicle thread. I know some here are owners of military iron, show me what ya got.

Here's mine, 1953 M-37 (Dodge Power Wagon) all stock.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's cool. I'd need a garage like Jay Leno to keep all the things like that, tractors, cars, etc. I'd like to own.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    None for me, would like a bobbed some day

M35-Bobbed-Deuce-621x310.jpg

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Oh wow that M-37 is the bee's knees! Did you restore it or was it like that when you got it? That would be a lot of fun to own.

Thanks trophyhunter, It belonged to the Fairland Fire Dept. and was crudely painted red. I did a frame-off (resto mod) painting every thing then put it back together.

Boiled Owl, very nice collection you have! Like you, I like to use my truck as you can see but cleaning it after playing in the mud is a real chore.

I love the looks on the kids faces in the Jeep! When I take mine to car shows I get some of the best compliments from the little ones and when they sit in the drivers seat it's ear to ear smiles!

I know we can't keep up with the Jeep thread .........but keep the pics coming.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Longhair:
    You know your serious when you bring out the excavator to play! Maybe another thread?

The jeep pic was the day I brought it home and the kids sure were excited.
    We sometimes drop into car shows and park next to the guy who has the "Please look but don't touch" sign in the window and possibly a mirror underneath. We pull in leaking a little oil, and the crowd always gathers. I usually modify to sign to say "please touch".
    Can't get super anal about olive drab!

Last edited:

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Longhair:
    You know your serious when you bring out the excavator to play! Maybe another thread?

The jeep pic was the day I brought it home and the kids sure were excited.
    We sometimes drop into car shows and park next to the guy who has the "Please look but don't touch" sign in the window and possibly a mirror underneath. We pull in leaking a little oil, and the crowd always gathers. I usually modify to sign to say "please touch".
    Can't get supper anal about olive drab!

My M wears it's scratches with pride!

I went to a very big car show and parked next to a very good friend that owned a beautiful black 56 Chevy Nomad, as people walked around they would gather around my truck and it seemed like his $50k Nomad was invisible, it really ticked him off!

If you own an old military vehicle and it's not leaking a little oil..........ya better be checking the oil!

Boiled Owl..........did I spy an R Model Mack truck hooked to that grain wagon behind your 5ton?

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I used to own a 1958 Dodge D100 pickup that was a former Department of the Navy truck. It was built so that it could be set up as a right hand drive. Cool little truck but my buddy was a big Dodge fan and decided he needed it more than I did. He traded me for a nice Kawasaki 1000cc street bike and a Briggs and Straton 18hp horizontal shaft engine.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't own, but I spent a good bit of time driving a vietnam surplus deuce and a half when I worked for the state of florida a few years ago.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I do not own one (yet) but would love to have an M37 one day. A good friend of mine's son builds custom trucks. I stop by often to see what is currently in the shop. I really like what he is doing with the bobbed and custom crew cabs he builds. He typically has anywhere from 10-30 trucks on hand and ready to build into whatever you want.

C&C Equipment

Dirty Steve

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I do not own one (yet) but would love to have an M37 one day. A good friend of mine's son builds custom trucks. I stop by often to see what is currently in the shop. I really like what he is doing with the bobbed and custom crew cabs he builds. He typically has anywhere from 10-30 trucks on hand and ready to build into whatever you want.

C&C Equipment

Dirty Steve
    So you KNOW them? Cool. I LOVE their bobbed M35A2's. Maybe one day......

Top Bottom