Any members rock hounds or fossil collectors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunfan72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I recently aquired a megladon tooth around 10-15 million years old. Its 5 x 3 unrestored. I just put it on Craigslist but it if doesn't sell I'm happy to keep it. I just would like to know more. This is my first fossil purchase but there is something about owning a piece of earth's history I love. I would have offered this first to ingo members but I'm too new not enough post.

Megladon Fossil Tooth

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm a rock hound / fossil buff...

But I can't bring myself to BUY any.

Well, other than the Orthoceras dinner plates I bought several years ago. What a waste of $100 that was... *sigh*

I haven't been out actually fossil hunting in many moons. Current job doesn't have me out and about like a previous one did. Now I'm never around any prime hunting grounds. That + family obligations precludes me from taking a day and going to play in the dirt.

I do tend to poke around places if I'm able. Even on the tar & gravel covered roofs I'm on for work - I'll pick out the coral & gastropod fossils out of the mix. :rofl:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Not so much a fossil hunter but I'll walk dry river beds to find neat rocks and I've stumbled upon caches of arrowheads in the Ohio River valley while digging to push a cave. That's always a really neat find!

Top Bottom