• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    the headliner in the land rover has officially started drooping. thinking about taking it all out and roll on bed-liner'ing it.. i personally think it would look cool. or at least unique. the necessity for a darker tint of windows would rise in order to keep the heat from being absorbed.. well hell. the truck is black to begin with..

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Here is my POS...

IMG_1219.jpg

Mysticwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Fixing them up is half the fun of owning a Jeep...;)

Leverage is a cruel mistress...
    And Corrosion is just a pain in the ass... :):

If I recall correctly the Brake Caliper is only Torqued down to 55 Foot Pounds of Torque...
    And use antiseize to prevent it from doing that again, I use it on just about everything, including the lug nuts

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    Looks like a last minute run to Interlake. Meeting at the south lot at noon.

As of now I have a seat open if someone want to ride. I will keep an eye on the site. Pm me a phone number if you want to ride.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I'm getting ready for Wilstem. Air conditioning is fixed! New water pump installed, new valve cover gasket guaranteed to start leaking again in 100 miles, parking brake fixed, cracked seat frame fixed. It's nice to have a friend who likes to work on cars.

Oil change, tire rotation, brake light are next on the list. Maybe take a look at the radio.

My wife hasn't been on a trail ride with me (or anyone else :)) since 1997, so this will be fun.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm getting ready for Wilstem. Air conditioning is fixed! New water pump installed, new valve cover gasket guaranteed to start leaking again in 100 miles, parking brake fixed, cracked seat frame fixed. It's nice to have a friend who likes to work on cars.

Oil change, tire rotation, brake light are next on the list. Maybe take a look at the radio.

My wife hasn't been on a trail ride with me (or anyone else :)) since 1997, so this will be fun.

Good! My wife will finally have someone to talk to (evidently talking to me all weekend is way over rated)! We can take all of the bypasses together, and watch everyone else break down for a change.

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In

Do they call it Wilstem again? What happened to "The Ranch"?

I haven't been there in a long time.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    In the old days a Jeeper was somebody that didn't follow the crowd.
    CJ's climate control was a laugh- you froze in the winter and boiled in the summer. You also had to be a bit of a mechanic. Yeah they broke down, but you always got it home. Simple.

You were a bit of a rugged individual, if you drove a Jeep.

And if you saw another round lighted Jeep you'd stop to help them if broken down on the side of the road............even in torrential rain or blizzard

It was a small brotherhood of people who were pretty cool.

And then that brotherhood stuff got marketed, with the YJ. They were the darlings of the tree hugger Kalifornian mentality........why they even complained when Chrysler changed back to round lights with the TJ.

Big difference.............old CJ pilots, vs the YJ/TJ/JK driver wearing white framed Oakleys.

Guys drove Jeeps in the old days, now everybody drives them.

My first vehicle I purchased when I graduated high school was a Jeep CJ-5.
    By 500 miles I had to replace the oil pump, then the radiator due to overheating. At 1,000 miles it started smoking and the clutch started to slip. The speed odometer started to rust cause I left the top down and it rained on it. So I got a Ford high boy F250. I was one of the founders of the local 4X4 club after I got the Ford.

forward to 2010. Purchased a Jeep Cherokee (1998) for my 15 year old daughter to drive. the thing overheated and had to have a new radiator in it. Not enough head room for a 6' guy to get in and out of.

I've had it with jeeps. I pushed snow in the blizzard of 78' I do have experience with 4X4's. I've tore them up, rolled them, sunk them in mud. Let's just say I've had much better luck with the Fords.

I've done quite a bit of work with the local county fairs doing truck pulls. Seems Dodge always breaks. There were 3 Dodges this year at on county fair. Two had to be pulled away.

Top Bottom