• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Just thought I would share that I'm making Alton Browns Pressure cooking chili, minus the pressure cooker. Instead of the pressure cooker I am using a cast iron Dutch oven that I will use to cook the chili low and slow. I will check back on this bad boy in about 6 hours...... the house smells wonderfully like chili now! :rockwoot:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      497.3 KB · Views: 21

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Looks pretty good! I've stopped cooking my chili more than 2 hours because it makes the ground beef lose too much texture. (Yes, I see you aren't using ground beef).

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I used to watch Alton Brown all the time, then they moved good eats to the cooking channel which I don't get. Now I'm stuck with watching him on youtube.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I used to watch Alton Brown all the time, then they moved good eats to the cooking channel which I don't get. Now I'm stuck with watching him on youtube.

Actually, "Good Eats" ended as a series. Alton moved on to doing other things. He's currently hosting a show called "Cutthroat Kitchen". It's pretty amusing. He's also doing a tour of the US as a sort of roadshow. All they moved to the Cooking Channel was his reruns.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    image.jpg
    I love how I woke up to the smell of chili this morning!

And yes, it is thick!

If anyone tries his recipe, add an extra beer and use a 24oz of salsa. Also, if you do the dutch oven version, do not cook it at 350* like AB says because it will burn. Use 200*-250*. This is the second time I've made this and it turned out much better.

[video=youtube;3t0TtFrVA3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t0TtFrVA3k&noredirect=1[/video]

Question: How do I post a picture from my iPad so that it isn't sideways and is not a thumbnail? It doesn't seem to give me any options.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom