• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    usto have a couple walkers about 12 years ago. but when i got a job that required me getting up at 5am running dogs all night took a back seat, but i really enjoyed it when i was young

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    I have a yearling Blue Tick that I would love to run... but I have no idea how to train her and I don't know anyone who runs.

Woods time, woods time, woods time, caged coon, woods time, woods time, run a drag, woods time. Get the picture?? If you do not have a pup trainer this is the best method.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    Just getting into it. i picked up a 1 year old. the father is WITCH DOCTOR and the grandparents or RAT ATTACK and SKUNNA RIVER FRED. so she is breed good. so far i have just had trouble keeping her on a tree.
    any suggestions

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I don't hunt much any more. I started my son coon hunting and trapping when he was 6 years old. He is now 19 and runs his dogs several times a week. He started with a redbone that he named Old Dan after the movie Where a red fern grows. He now has a female redbone that he named Little Ann. He also hunts a walker dog.

By the way did any coon hunters here go to Autumn Oaks this year. My son and I go every year. This year was their 50th year and by far the biggest in years.

222 shooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Just getting into it. i picked up a 1 year old. the father is WITCH DOCTOR and the grandparents or RAT ATTACK and SKUNNA RIVER FRED. so she is breed good. so far i have just had trouble keeping her on a tree.
    any suggestions

I also hunt walkers, I had a Witchdocter male that was a tree dog but was a babbler. Keep workin her on the tree, and knock a few out to her. Get ahold of me will go for a drop or two!

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I don't coon hunt. But I do have a 14 month old Redbone that brings me "presents".(squirrels,possums,groundhogs,young coons you name it) My yard looks scary.lol I think I'm going to have to take the time and get him to the woods.

tom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    where you from sandy creek? i live in danville and have a couple of blueticks , they are considering openeing kill season a week earlier this year. people can go to in.gov and give their comments to support this.

keith2210

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    I love to coon hunt here. I always kept a few beagles and coon hunted with a buddy all through college. he had a blue english that went back to swamp rooster. a stay put tree dawg he was. he could make some dogs look silly on those older tougher to run coons. I did the field trial and hunting thing with the rabbit dogs from middle school all the way through high school. Our weekends consisted of coon hunting friday night sleeping saturday morning rabbit hunting in the after noon then repeating for every weekend during hunting season. but now he went to work and im in college. he still has dogs but i had to give it up but only temporarily.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    vette I am only 40 minutes South of Richmond, Give me a shout and I will bring up my long legged beagles!!

usto have a couple walkers about 12 years ago. but when i got a job that required me getting up at 5am running dogs all night took a back seat, but i really enjoyed it when i was young

I am 40 minutes south of richmond as well....Where ya guys at??? Maybe we can go on a hunt together:rockwoot:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    My Uncle owned Sweatman's Pride and started that line. That was a walker line of coon dogs. Use to love running coons when I could back then. We run with the dogs and my aunt would drive around the roads with the window down so she could hear the dogs or us. I remember her telling me that she was so happy when hand held CBs came out, because she could finally roll the window up and stay warm...LOL

Before that it was flashlights to find each other. We also used the old sportman flashlights and carbide head lamps.

Top Bottom