• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Did not know anything about shooting sports till about last year or so when I signed my daughter up for trap (through school in valpo porter county Morgan township). I never even shot an over under prior. Turns out she’s a bad ass. Now have second daughter in trap and first in trap and sporting clays. But I seen John Wick (lol) and saw how he trained with some 3 gun stuff. And would love to get them into other shooting sports, sp they can learn rifle and pistol better then I can teach them. Is there any 3 gun in Valparaiso area? Or maybe you can suggest other shooting sports they can try. Ages are 15 and 12, 9 year old maybe needs some time first, she’s still shooting 22s in the back. Thanks.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    Shotgun in 3-gun has nothing in common with trap/skeet. And it can be a substantial investment in equipment.

I’d suggest looking at Rimfire Falling Steel at Wildcat Valley, or the similar matches at Atlanta, and Steel Challenge. You can shoot .22 rifle or .22 pistol (or both) there, and then move up to USPSA or IDPA.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Well be prepared to go broke! I shoot uspsa and skeet and just for myself. Can’t imagine that expense X4 ( cause you know you have to shoot with your kids) nice to see youngins taking up the sport!

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Never knew that north porter county conservation club was there, I drive by it twice a day. What all kinds of shooting do they do there? I think 22 steel is a good start, will be cheap on the pocket till they decide what they like.

Top Bottom