• ...and so much more!
  • Hellboy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2023
    Charlestown
    Hey, do you know where I can buy replacement parts for my antique Smith & Wesson top breaks? I would prefer original parts but I'm open to after-market parts at this point. Also, how can I research the serial number to find out more information about it? I used to have a detailed background on them when S&W had the online look up but I lost the logbook with all that info.

Attachments

• 20240102_152521.jpg
      20240102_152521.jpg
      436 KB · Views: 17
    • 20240102_152613.jpg
      20240102_152613.jpg
      321.8 KB · Views: 17
    • 20240102_152649.jpg
      20240102_152649.jpg
      129.5 KB · Views: 17

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Numrich has some off the wall stuff.

Not sure if this is your model etc...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Looking at the pictures I don't think that's a S&W DA. Places in Belgium and Spain made close copies of those DA models. While the barrel looks shortened there should be enough of the SW markings on top of the rib for a positive ID. Here is a S&W in 44 Russian.

swrus.jpg

Hellboy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2023
    Charlestown
    Numrich has some off the wall stuff.
    Thank you for this. I used to order parts from there but looks like they changed their name and domain so it's great to have this back to bookmark.
    Not sure if this is your model etc...
    And yes this is the model to the first one and the second one is a cavalry top break in 44 Russian. appreciate that and am sorry I guess I should have stated that. I'm looking more for a way to get the exact production location and dates. S&W now works with the Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation and that requires they get registered with them from what I understand and takes some significant time for pieces like this due to overlap on models/serial numbers back then.

Hellboy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2023
    Charlestown
    Looking at the pictures I don't think that's a S&W DA. Places in Belgium and Spain made close copies of those DA models. While the barrel looks shortened there should be enough of the SW markings on top of the rib for a positive ID. Here is a S&W in 44 Russian.
    They are both S&W according to S&W back when I ran their numbers through S&W in 2016ish. Unfortunately, I lost the printouts and the log book while moving my father from one treatment to the next since then. One is a 38sw top break pocket model and the other is a 44 Russian top break Calvery model. I reached out to S&W to see if they could resend me the data but unfortunately due to collusion with the foundation they couldn't and their lead time is months for historic look-ups from what I'm told.

Top Bottom