• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The story sickens me. It is cops like THAT that give all the good cops bad names. For once I would like to see a police association calling for those idiots badges.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Sorry about what?:dunno:

Temple is in Bell County, Texas.

Dude, I've been all over Texas. Soooo much windshield time.:n00b:

Temple, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been as well. Liked Hill Country the best. Sometimes I wish I had stayed, but then I'm reminded of places like Temple. :):

IIRC Gatesville is the Bell County Seat, right? It has been over a decade since I've been there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No, Belton is the county seat. Cool courthouse there.

I like Austin and Saint Tony's where I usually flew in. Dallas . . . not so much.

I spent a bunch of time in Kerrville. Nice from what I knew of it (hotels, gun stores and restaurants, oh, and the Wal-Mart lol),

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    The story sickens me. It is cops like THAT that give all the good cops bad names. For once I would like to see a police association calling for those idiots badges.
    .. :yesway: SO TRUE!!

At some point these dirty cops are going to get paid back! I hope it's real LEO's that correct this error, and not some group that is tired of dirty cops., as it's said "You gotta sleep some time" :patriot:.

Obey the laws or get jail time! A badge isn't a get out of jail free card.

Need a bait group to test and arrest these bad people, like the bait car show.:(:bash::rules:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Unprovoked, police grabbed his rifle while it was attached to him with a sling.

Texas Soldier Arrested for ‘Rudely Displaying’ Weapon

Initially, he was “cordial” and he “asked what we were doing.” Grisham told him. “Then he looked at my rifle. I carry a rifle any time I walk around because there are feral hogs and cougars and things like that.” From here, things took a turn for the worse.

“‘Where you going with that rifle?’ he asked me. I said, ‘does it matter? Am I breaking any laws?’” Then, he says, the officer “grabbed the rifle without telling me – but it was attached to me. My immediate reaction as a combat veteran was to grab it back and then take a step back. I asked him what he was doing. So he pulled his gun on me. Then I thought about my son, so I put my hands off my gun and he told me to move over to the car. Luckily my son had the video camera to document the hike for his merit badge. I told him to turn it on.”

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Quote off Glock Talk from Massad Ayoob...

Rick, given that this is probably going to court one way or another, I'm not going to comment on it until we know more. Without KNOWING what happened before that video clip, none of us have enough info to judge anything.

Speaking in general, I'd suggest that now -- of all times in American history -- it's not a great time to be walking around with AR15s in plain sight. And I don't think it's EVER a good idea to put on a gun on one side and a camcorder on the other to bait police and try to show them you know more about their job than they do.

best,
    Mas

Mak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Seymour
    Good thing he had a camera... Hard to tell what those officers and the media would have claimed happened.

Top Bottom