• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    More than Austria and Croatia... Moving on...

I think for the past few weeks after trolling the sight and filling my head with all sort of confusing babble, banter, and worse than a teenage blog... The issue on Glocks vs. XD/XDm's has caused me to dislike both at this point. Honestly both sides are worse than Colts fans who only tune in during the playoffs.

Working for ammo at a local gun shop I've played with both, and see strong point from both sides of this whole mess. I say mess cause every thread where someone asks advice on either it turns into a bunch of people measuring egos using the metric system.

The Glock in it's poor ergonomics now feels like that fat kid on the football team who you need cause he does what he's supposed too, but never gets invited to the after party.

The Springfield who's turning into the Peyton Manning of firearms. Really good and ugly, but hated just because people like the fat guy. He gets to party though...

Thank you INGO... You killed all desire to own either of these pistols. I am heading off into a new direction putting both into a deep dark place, never to be spoke of again. Conrats you've killed my interest in something I like faster than my wife ever could..

I will keep my Glock 19 cause it's serial number is the coolest on the planet and probably makes it a valuable collector piece.

Fortunately I own a fantastic pistol that keeps well below the radar, and is awesome (and made here in the USA, unlike the two others) to keep my supply of 9mm on the brink of exhaustion.

Goodbye hours of pointless arguing, and mind numbing threads....

-Death the dead horse who refused to die...

Last edited:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    You're welcome. Buy something else, then. I'll join you in disregarding the arguments. You are making your decision based on actual touch and feel, and I appreciate that. I have no need to convert you to my way of thinking.

And thank you for your service to our country.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    :rolleyes::horse: have you noticed the trend lately of threads to complain about this site?
    Yes. I guess complaining is their right. But it detracts from the conversation. Anyway, let's stop this thread and start one that is more interesting, like the ways that XDs and Glocks are basically the same.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I enjoy the debating over different firearms. That would be one of the reasons I read INGO and not knittingforoldwomen.com

You can find much the same conversations in gun shops daily. People voicing their opinions of a guns strong points and weak points and how it compares to other guns. To each his own.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Yes. I guess complaining is their right. But it detracts from the conversation. Anyway, let's stop this thread and start one that is more interesting, like the ways that XDs and Glocks are basically the same.

but XD's are just a little bit better:laugh:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate

Instead of beating the dead horse... Maybe go shoot it.. I say INGO shootout if this is to go on, take one of each and run them into the ground. Throw, drop, bury, drown, set on fire, shoot, attempt to ruin them till one dies, then push the other till it dies... Other than that... It's just keyboard mashing.

Last edited:

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I think most of the debates are in good fun; they are for me at least, owning both the 19 and the XD.

I would consider it the opposite. What other two guns are you going to find debated like this?

Clearly, both guns are fantastic. You're either a Ford man or a Chevy man; rarely both.

But I laugh at the idea that someone wouldn't buy a firearm because it is debated/compared to so heavily to another.

But this is America. You're free to choose what you like. Next up, the M&P (though they're compared to the XD's and Glocks).

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You're clearly missing the point.

Everyone knows that GERMAN pistols are the bee's knees.

Walther P99 = check mate.

hehe

-J-

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Holy cow..

What other pistols are just a random mess of letters and numbers.. I see two..

So if Glock and the XD are chevy and ford does this mean they are going under? Seriously?

I read it in a forum that they are not selling enough pistols, so they might seek some form of aid?

Top Bottom