Another shot of bleach in the gene pool "or" I love a happy ending.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I always look forward to the comments on these kinds of stories. This was what popped up when I clicked comments

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting

Just a guess, but I’m guessing majority of comments were supporting the SUV driver and calling it a good shoot... and everyone knows yahoo can’t allow that so they shut the comments down.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Out of curiosity, would the self defense apply had the driver simply plowed his SUV into the thug holding a gun on him and threatening his life?
    You can never control for exactly the angle that a prosecutor would try to work, but in the theory of the law the weapon of deadly force is mostly irrelevant. If you are justified in shooting someone, you are generally justified in hitting them with a bat. Vehicles have been used as defensive tools many times. There are even examples of police using cruisers as deadly force tools against armed assailants.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You can never control for exactly the angle that a prosecutor would try to work, but in the theory of the law the weapon of deadly force is mostly irrelevant. If you are justified in shooting someone, you are generally justified in hitting them with a bat. Vehicles have been used as defensive tools many times. There are even examples of police using cruisers as deadly force tools against armed assailants.

I would think as much....

Just wondered.

No opinion re the driver that was threatened in this situation.

I have often thought that if some mother ******* piece of **** thug is standing in front of the vehicle I am in control of and my loved ones are in while threatening us with a firearm, I would likely move past drawing a firearm.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Out of curiosity, would the self defense apply had the driver simply plowed his SUV into the thug holding a gun on him and threatening his life?

I think it's an issue of collateral risk. If you hit what you're aiming at, you aren't really endangering many people around you.

If you go swerving around full throttle with an SUV on a roadway... Well, it's not hard to imagine what could come of that, unintentionally.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I think it's an issue of collateral risk. If you hit what you're aiming at, you aren't really endangering many people around you.

If you go swerving around full throttle with an SUV on a roadway... Well, it's not hard to imagine what could come of that, unintentionally.

Again, I do not know the details of the situation in the event.

I can, however, visualize a situation where some piece of **** ******* thug is standing in front of a vehicle I am in control of while threatening my life.

I can visualize a situaition where I would deem plowing the mother ****** with the vehicle would be a better alternative than sending rounds.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I always look forward to the comments on these kinds of stories. This was what popped up when I clicked comments

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting

Just a guess, but I’m guessing majority of comments were supporting the SUV driver and calling it a good shoot... and everyone knows yahoo can’t allow that so they shut the comments down.
    Oh that's been in place since last year. Maybe since September? Long enough I don't think they ever intend to turn them back on.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’m sure the thug, err, uh, young man that got smoked was just late for his quantum physics class at the local university, which would account for his extreme reaction to someone getting in his way. It’s not a cakewalk when you’re turning your life around! You people are sadistic!

Top Bottom