• ...and so much more!
  • SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    another gag related shooting........

Roswell has been rocked by gang violence in recent years and has asked Homeland Security Investigations to step in and help.

Now where's the gun discussion?

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Yeah, the drive-by media is already exploiting this tragedy. I made the mistake of reading the comments section on msn.com under the news article.

There are actually people out there that trust our government so much that they want to repeal the 2nd amendment. Loving the idea of adding 15,000 police officers while disarming civilians. Now that would be a police state!

What was that the Jefferson said about trading liberty for security? These "tools" of communism think that they are smarter than our founding fathers and it sickens me.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I don't get the big deal about "school shootings" like this. It's a shooting. And it happened at a school. How's that any different than if they were shot at Wal-Mart, a park, someone's home? Only difference I see is schools are gun-free zones. That's working out real well by the looks of it.

It sucks that someone got shot, but the fact it happened at a school really doesn't mean much to me.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    "think of the children" Thats why the news agencies wait with bated breath for the next one. Actions, far exceeding this in violence happen everyday, but you hear about school shootings because they can get ratings and viewership out of it, and then of course there's the hidden anti gun agenda by some.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I know the media jumps all over this stuff, but I think it has the opposite effect than they intend. I've come to believe this: The more shootings and crimes with firearms, the more people value the 2nd amendment and lose trust in the government to protect them. Look at Sandy Hook. They've had record numbers of firearms purchases since that tragedy. People vote with their wallets, and there have been record gun sales over the last how many years? It is hard to take away a right that more and more people are exercising. That must frustrate the hell out of the anti 2A people.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    I don't get the big deal about "school shootings" like this. It's a shooting. And it happened at a school. How's that any different than if they were shot at Wal-Mart, a park, someone's home? Only difference I see is schools are gun-free zones. That's working out real well by the looks of it.

It sucks that someone got shot, but the fact it happened at a school really doesn't mean much to me.
    It just bothers me because I have a 6 year old daughter that goes to school and I am not there with her. If we were at a walmart or a park I have a better chance to protect her. What I'm saying it bothers me more because I have a child.
    I'm glad the teacher was able to talk the kid down and no one else got hurt.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    While sad, from what I hear the news media isn't going to get much out of the Roswell shooting since the 12 year old shooter used a shotgun and not an evil AR-15 assault rifle.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    However, he was "quickly stopped by one staff member who walked right up to him and asked him to set down the firearm, which he did," Martinez said at a news conference.

Superintendent Tom Burris said the school's faculty had participated in "active shooter" training, and they responded appropriately Tuesday.

"In the 10 seconds that transpired from the time of this thing starting until the teacher had control of the weapon, there was no cowardice," Burris said. "There was protection for our kids. Everyone acted and did their duties today at Berrendo Middle School."

So glad there was protection for the kids. A teacher asked him to hand over the firearm and he did. Great protection and response from the teacher who went through active shooter training. How do you make the text purple on cell phones?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    However, he was "quickly stopped by one staff member who walked right up to him and asked him to set down the firearm, which he did," Martinez said at a news conference.

Superintendent Tom Burris said the school's faculty had participated in "active shooter" training, and they responded appropriately Tuesday.

"In the 10 seconds that transpired from the time of this thing starting until the teacher had control of the weapon, there was no cowardice," Burris said. "There was protection for our kids. Everyone acted and did their duties today at Berrendo Middle School."

So glad there was protection for the kids. A teacher asked him to hand over the firearm and he did. Great protection and response from the teacher who went through active shooter training. How do you make the text purple on cell phones?

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is to politely ask him to hand it over.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They just showed the shooter's home on the news. Betting mommy and daddy will be mounting the best defense that money can buy for their little wack-job, er, angel.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    10 seconds,... everyone did what they were supposed to?

I have a hard time believing that. I'm betting most people didn't know what was going on, till it was over. Except the hero teacher that DID act.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had heard the school had a history of "gang-related violence"

But, that's just what I heard on the radio. Don't know if it's true or not.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Whats Barry gonna say about this one, a few more of these and I think he is going to do something real silly, he warned us that he does own a pen and a telephone.:xmad:

Im glad the teacher keep a clear head and knew what to do, his actions very well have prevented more casulties.

Top Bottom