Another reason why you probably shouldn't carry in condition 3 ( GRAPHIC )

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Is it my poor eyesight tricking me or did that guy draw from his left hip, transition the pistol to his right hand and attempt to rack the slide with his left hand?

W.T.H.?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was trying to sort that out, too. Frankly, it seems like it is more of a training issue. He had time to rack (at least 2x). He just didn't get it done.

But, in trying to figure out where he was carrying it, I think it might've been in a shoulder rig in his left armpit?

Either way, he was almost toast from the get-go, since it looks like he didn't realize he was in trouble until he was shot the first time.

Any idea what happened to the guy? Dead? And also, why was he working alone? That seems... not smart.

Edit:
    Found a bit more information, although.... it has some factual issues (like calling dude's gun a revolver). *facepalm*
    http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f166/jewellery-shop-worker-shot-killed-during-robbery-34402/

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well, yeah, he bow and arrowed the slide like a Call of Duty playing 14 year old.

But, in trying to figure out where he was carrying it, I think it might've been in a shoulder rig in his left armpit?

Isn't that cross draw?

Bow and arrowing, dorky little gun and a cross draw rig . . . WAAAAYYYY too many movies or gun boards (I want me a light gun). Get thee to Gunsite, and not a nunnery.:D

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Is it just me or was the gentleman the first and only target? Looks like they knew he was the only one carrying.

Very sad.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    The poor guy may have been screwed from the start. It looks like he was shot immediately but had time to fumble for his gun. IF it had been chamber loaded like it should have been he may have prevented being shot a few more times, one of which may have been the fatal shot. Just goes to show how fast something can go down.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was trying to sort that out, too. Frankly, it seems like it is more of a training issue. He had time to rack (at least 2x). He just didn't get it done.

Either way, he was almost toast from the get-go, since it looks like he didn't realize he was in trouble until he was shot the first time.

Yeah, I don't think there was any indication trouble was at hand until the first shot was fired. Completely blindsided.

I disagree that training would have done anything to help though. All the training in the world can't stack the cards that have already been dealt.

I'm not so sure he carried in condition 3 either. I'm wondering if he forgot to disengage the safety and thought the resulting FTF was a malfunction, after which he cycled the slide to clear the malf and resumed shooting.

And he keeps "shooting" right before his face is introduced to the boot. If it's not firing, why doesn't he go back to trying to clear it? what would make him repeatedly pull the trigger with results? Sometimes I swear he actually gets a round or two off. The gun jerks just a little too much in a recoil-like manner or the graininess of the video makes it look like a puff of smoke. But when I watch it again I don't see it.

Oh, well. Just Monday morning quarterbacking. Interesting to consider though.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yeah, I don't think there was any indication trouble was at hand until the first shot was fired. Completely blindsided.

I disagree that training would have done anything to help though. All the training in the world can't stack the cards that have already been dealt.

I'm not so sure he carried in condition 3 either. I'm wondering if he forgot to disengage the safety and thought the resulting FTF was a malfunction, after which he cycled the slide to clear the malf and resumed shooting.

And he keeps "shooting" right before his face is introduced to the boot. If it's not firing, why doesn't he go back to trying to clear it? what would make him repeatedly pull the trigger with results? Sometimes I swear he actually gets a round or two off. The gun jerks just a little too much in a recoil-like manner or the graininess of the video makes it look like a puff of smoke. But when I watch it again I don't see it.

Oh, well. Just Monday morning quarterbacking. Interesting to consider though.
    He was in full panic mode after being surprised. I've read stories of Civil War soldiers panicking in battle to the point that they kept loading their muskets without firing. Rifles were found with mini balls loaded all the way to the muzzle.

sdman11890

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Highland
    Looks more like a training issue to me. If he had known he was in trouble, he could've been a lot more prepared.

Not saying I advocate condition 3, but it definitely could have gone better for him.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I choose to carry not chambered. I know the risk involved in it, just like this video. However, I do practice regularly drawing and cocking the slide of my pistol. My timing is fairly fast and I believe if you carry un-chambered, you should definitely practice practice practice!!!

Top Bottom