• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    Yeah she definitely had that one coming. One woman resisting two officers, wouldn't get in the cruiser quietly. Slamming her on her face while she is handcuffed is the first thing that comes to my mind. Not too harsh if you ask me. What other alternatives are there? Maybe a taser or something with less permanent damage, I think not. Personally I would have just given her a .40 to the knee. Let's see her push off after that.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    That lady was a complete moron. Everyone knows if you're going to resist arrest you need to do it before you're handcuffed to have a fighting chance.

I usually don't agree with cops choices because of past experiences, but I must say this one I do agree with. If it were a man resisting like that instead of a woman many of your outlooks on the situation would be the complete opposite.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It looked to me like she kept shoving back trying to resist being pushed into the car, the officer got frustrated and just suddenly let go and she went flying into the pavement.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    im with the 5-0 on this one. did she bite him, possibly, he did yell as he let/maybe helped her fall. its also possible that she was going to push him over so he got out of the way. sucks she knocked herself out cold, but thats what happens. go with the officers, make sure they take care of the kid for you and fight it out in the courts. outnumbered, handcuffed and facing armed opposition, not a good fight to pick in my opinion.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I have to disagree. I'm all for thumping a guy who's actively resisting. But there's a caveat. That person needs to be a potential threat. Unless youre a Houdini/Bruce Lee hybrid, it's kinda hard to articulate using that kind of force on a handcuffed individual.
    That officer's actions were the result of frustration, nothing more. Professionals shouldn't be so easily frustrated, and when it does happen, they need to remain professional.

I agree. But her face was right next to his, and she quite easily could have been attempting to bite either his face or his arm or something. Now, I know it's a show, but there's an episode of Southland where an officer almost dies because some guy bit his neck. so... I don't think it's entirely unwarranted.

Of course, you might know more about it than I do.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    He probably should have belted her in the stomach instead, she would have given up. I don't feel sorry for her and I don't expect every cop to fight it out nicely with every turd they have to bring in.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I will be the first to jump on the JBT bandwagon when he deserves it, but I just don't see a JBT in that video. I see someone who needs more anger management. I have to admit, i have wanted to strangle my own kids in public before and they were just acting like idiot kids. It becomes even more involved when a grown adult acts like an idiot kid.

1. She was actively resisting. Did she bite the officer? Who knows, although from her prior actions, it wouldn't surprise me. As was stated earlier... PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES.

2. The LEO overreacted and allowed his frustration to get out of hand and he threw her on the ground. He was wrong. I would have to see more evidence before I called him a JBT though. He should have used OC on her if she was not cooperating.

3. The baby was 10 feet away. Yes, it was crying, but that's what babies do. Especially when the mother is screaming and yelling. The baby was never unsupervised from what I saw. Or maybe some think the cops should have picked the kid up while wrestling the mother and let it suck on their nipples. Does the presence of a child make ANY difference in the fact that the idiot mother was resisting? How about we accuse the mother for being a bad mom by committing illegal acts while caring for a child?

The situation wasn't handled 100% properly, but I wouldn't call the LEO a JBT.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The question I have is, how did the officers report what happened? If they said exactly what happened, they fall into one category. If they said she fell while they were trying to apprehend her, well, that's another story.

I would assume the video hit You Tube after the officers filed their report or at least they were made aware of the video after the report was filed. Their actions are somewhat subjective, but what happened afterward is what defines them in my book.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The question I have is, how did the officers report what happened? If they said exactly what happened, they fall into one category. If they said she fell while they were trying to apprehend her, well, that's another story.

I would assume the video hit You Tube after the officers filed their report or at least they were made aware of the video after the report was filed. Their actions are somewhat subjective, but what happened afterward is what defines them in my book.

Very true.

The woman in this vid is much more combative than the one that got slammed into the wall. But after they got slammed, the cops demeanor totally changed. As in, "oh ****, I just screwed up" demeanor.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Very true.

The woman in this vid is much more combative than the one that got slammed into the wall. But after they got slammed, the cops demeanor totally changed. As in, "oh ****, I just screwed up" demeanor.

Exactly! So, if they reported that he screwed up and used excessive force (IMHO), he gets some re-training and is back at work. If they both lied, they should be working at their local hardware store, providing security.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Exactly! So, if they reported that he screwed up and used excessive force (IMHO), he gets some re-training and is back at work. If they both lied, they should be working at their local hardware store, providing security.

I saw that look on one of my drill sergeant's face once. We were getting near the end of our 16 week OSUT training and had an afternoon with not much going on. The drill sergeant took us out to the woods and we all took turns wrestling around and practicing hand to hand combat. It was one of the rare moments the DS took off his hat so to speak and we were all having a good time. One of the guys in my platoon was a good wrestler in high school and he and the DS started wrestling. The DS scraped the Joe's face up a little and got paronoid real quick like he was going to be in deep ****. That drill sergeant no more intentionally caused those injuries than these cops did. But never the less, they were responsible for it.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I agree. But her face was right next to his, and she quite easily could have been attempting to bite either his face or his arm or something. Now, I know it's a show, but there's an episode of Southland where an officer almost dies because some guy bit his neck. so... I don't think it's entirely unwarranted.

Of course, you might know more about it than I do.
    from some of the comments here i think beavis and butthead know more about it.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Not getting the responses you wanted?
    everybody is entitled to thier own opinion. and i think its great everyone forms thier own. doesnt matter if i agree or not i still believe everyone can have thier say. as of now we still have freedom of speech.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    from some of the comments here i think beavis and butthead know more about it.

It's possible, but I also find it difficult to believe every incident like this is discussed on a national level by all officers. They just have access to a community I don't. Either way, I concur that it's good everyone forms their own opinions. I'd hate to see a place where a man was hated universally for simply having a particular job. If that were me, it would definitely make me less-inclined to be nice to those I was working for.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    It's possible, but I also find it difficult to believe every incident like this is discussed on a national level by all officers. They just have access to a community I don't. Either way, I concur that it's good everyone forms their own opinions. I'd hate to see a place where a man was hated universally for simply having a particular job. If that were me, it would definitely make me less-inclined to be nice to those I was working for.
    thats strange you would say that. i was just on a cop website where a a guy said he was a cop in a small town and everybody despised him for doing his job. why would anybody despise somebody unless they deserved it? sounds alot to me like that cop brings his own problems on.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have to disagree. I'm all for thumping a guy who's actively resisting. But there's a caveat. That person needs to be a potential threat. Unless youre a Houdini/Bruce Lee hybrid, it's kinda hard to articulate using that kind of force on a handcuffed individual.
    That officer's actions were the result of frustration, nothing more. Professionals shouldn't be so easily frustrated, and when it does happen, they need to remain professional.

I completely agree with this, but I still have to wonder what possible good was going to come of acting like this, especially while handcuffed.

The officer's actions were certainly the result of frustration, but play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    thats strange you would say that. i was just on a cop website where a a guy said he was a cop in a small town and everybody despised him for doing his job. why would anybody despise somebody unless they deserved it? sounds alot to me like that cop brings his own problems on.

That's a lot of assumption there. Having not been on that site, I don't know enough to agree or disagree with your statement.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Most likely he was exaggerating. Anyone who does a job that others fail to appreciate can become a bit disheartened. That doesn't mean that he deserves it or brought anything on himself. The only people who aren't despised by somebody, for whatever reason, is probably someone who isn't doing anything productive.

Top Bottom