Another new "rule" incoming? No more private sales without a ffl involved?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I've purchased and sold firearms privately, several times; I've never recorded ****. I don't intend to stop, nor do I intend to maintain a bound book. I have a full time job, this is a hobby.
    The Biden admin can eat my ass, except Harris. You tell her there's a promotion involved and that cackling **** might actually try.

Testing the profanity filter today

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    This goes back to the whole, "Criminals don't follow laws" narrative.

When the government realizes that punishing the masses, and/or making felons out of otherwise upstanding citizens, is not the answer to our problems, the better off we all will be.

Period. End of discussion.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Okay, I know I'm dangerously close to being concerned about the actual constitution but I have to ask.

How in the h*** is any of this stuff remotely constitutional. If there is no interstate Commerce involved, nor a transaction in Commerce, where is the Constitutional authority for any of the BS the ATF is putting forward?

On what Constitutional basis is The federal government claiming domain over intrastate transactions between private citizens? Serious question that I hope one of our lawyers will speak to.

I know the federal government and SCOTUS Have stretched the Commerce clause beyond the breaking point but these most recent proposals simply are beyond all rational extension of the Commerce clause.

Not to mention a blatant affront to the 2nd Amendment.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    This goes back to the whole, "Criminals don't follow laws" narrative.

When the government realizes that punishing the masses, and/or making felons out of otherwise upstanding citizens, is not the answer to our problems, the better off we all will be.

Period. End of discussion.
    They will never admit that. When the people understand that all the government wants to do is control every aspect of their lives, it will be too late. The .gov does not care. Period.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I guess I need to hurry up and buy a dozen basic ARs, G17s & G19s, Mossberg 500s, and 357 revolvers to use as trading currency for things i want in the future. If I buy something then trade it, I didn't make a USD profit on it. Once I trade for a different gun, I can sell it later if I want without recording a profit, since I traded for it in the first place. LOOPHOLE!!!
    NOPE

That's the big problem I didn't see until now either.

Here's a lawyer breaking down the wording. This rule is WAY worse than I initially thought...

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    NOPE

Here's a lawyer breaking down the wording. This rule is WAY worse than I initially thought...

His thumbnails and titles make every video indistinguishable from every other. If I must watch a guntube lawyer, Tom Grieve or the Armed Attorneys.
    This guy gets the video out fast, I'll give him that.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    NOPE

Interesting. A pecuniary gain, meaning a gain not just in cash from a sale, but also through barter of any goods or services, would make me a gun dealer. So if I trade a clapped out non-functioning musket for a dozen glocks, I've made a non-cash "gain" and I'm now a firearms dealer, even though i've taken a dozen deadly fully-semiautomatic guns off the street. Yeah, that should hold up in court. "Your honor, I didn't have enough money to pay my $600 rent so I gave my landlord a $700 gun. I know I should've gotten my FFL first, but i was too busy trying not to be homeless."

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This gent's a little easier to watch and listen to. Hopefully there will be more media on this coming?

Might be a good time to catch the Gun Guy on WIBC tomorrow. I always prefer Guy's breakdowns of the issue.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Liberals vs firearms are like liberals vs Trump. They throw every bit of Sh*t they can at the wall to see what sticks. Sadly, they've have had more luck against firearms than they have against Trump. But it seems to me that in time everything they have done against the 2nd amendment get overturned even liberal utopias where the courts ordered them to drop the "may issue" part of their gun laws as an example.

Top Bottom