• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I know you love to personalize your weapons. Me, I'd rather buy them ready to go. "Plug and Play" for me if possible. I always watch your "FIRE" sale for a steal on a nice 1911.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know you love to personalize your weapons. Me, I'd rather buy them ready to go. "Plug and Play" for me if possible. I always watch your "FIRE" sale for a steal on a nice 1911.

I have more than a few that are very personalized right now. I love them all..........................:)

45 x 11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Southwest IN
    Some great comments here! ...And yes, I did get mine at USDS and shopping there was a great experience. I was kind of amazed to see one in a shop - in fact, that is the only time I have ever seen a DW in a shop (and if I remember right, they had two - the other being a CCO). The V-bob and my S&W 66-5 are my very favorite guns. One of the things I love about these Valors, and I think CM mentioned this, is the clean, elegant look. I am not a fan of front slide serrations, external extractors, ambi-safeties, lots of print or big roll marks, etc. And while rails are certainly practical and it is great that they are available, a gun, no matter how much it looks the part otherwise, kind of ceases to be a 1911 to me if it has these. Just my own preferences, but I'm also not a total purist as I love checkering on the front and back straps. I'm also a big fan of the sights on these Valors and would consider switching almost all my sights to the "straight 8" system if I could.

You guys wouldn't believe how resistant the OP was to the idea of getting into another caliber, let alone a 1911 just a few months ago, haha! If 1911s are a sickness, I'm happy to spread the disease. :cool:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    You guys wouldn't believe how resistant the OP was to the idea of getting into another caliber, let alone a 1911 just a few months ago, haha! If 1911s are a sickness, I'm happy to spread the disease. :cool:

Yeah yeah, the OLDER brother is supposed to be the bad influence, *not* the younger one! Though this is the best "bad influence" decision I've made in a long time. :evilangel:

Oh, and I just noticed your post count... how appropriate!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah yeah, the OLDER brother is supposed to be the bad influence, *not* the younger one! Though this is the best "bad influence" decision I've made in a long time. :evilangel:

Oh, and I just noticed your post count... how appropriate!

So now I need to meet you at the range, so I can try out your DW. I may have 3 1911's currently, but there's always room in my safe for one more :):

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm in for said range time. I was looking at the V-bob as well, but went with the full size Valor instead. Nothing like a side by side comparison!

Top Bottom