• ...and so much more!
  • StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    Posit:
    You have a lifetime permit for IN for several years.
    You move to KY or any other state.

Question:
    When you notify ISP that you have moved (within 60 days of moving as required), doesn't that invalidate the lifetime permit?

The local Sheriff's Office seems to think so. It would only be valid as long as (a) you remain a resident of IN, and (b) notify the ISP of any moves within the state within 60 days. You do not have to have the LTCH that you carry updated unless you want to, but the notification to ISP is mandatory.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Doesnt Indiana have a non-resident permit? I thought I read that some where at one time. If they do I wonder if you could keep it as a non resident.

I would call the ISP firearm department. They should be able to give you a solid answer.

-James

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The local Sheriff's Office seems to think so. It would only be valid as long as (a) you remain a resident of IN, and (b) notify the ISP of any moves within the state within 60 days. You do not have to have the LTCH that you carry updated unless you want to, but the notification to ISP is mandatory.

Your local Sheriff's office is correct.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    so if I move out of state while I have an IN LTCH, when I return and re-establish residency, my Lifetime is now defunct? Im a lifeline IN resident, but i might be moving in the next 3 years, but I plan to resettle in IN in 10-15 years after moving...would I be better off going with the 4 year? I submitted my paperwork to BPD with the $50 check yesterday, I wonder if they can change it to the 4 year...

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    No expert here but if you are planning on moving I would say go with the 4 year.

Like some one said I have read something about a permit when you live elsewhere but work here. That being said it doesn't sound like that is your intent.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    yes, if i moved, it would be for a job so i think most states require you to get a drivers license, etc, so that would establish residency outside of IN = no more IN lifetime LTCH....bummer. Love this forum though, save me a few bucks then.

Top Bottom