• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    According to the comments in that article the deceased had a blemished record, including possession of a handgun without a license

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Where is ole Al Sharpton and Jesse at? We just can't be having this type of stuff going on. Heck they were probably only looking for something to eat! Too bad this is not what happens to every person that does the home invasion stuff.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is why I have firearms stashes throughout the residence.

Never know where you will be when\if it happens.

I don't keep them stashed because I have a small daughter, but I always have a gun on me. From the moment I get out of bed until I go to sleep.

Fortunately I just moved my family out of a bad neighborhood on the near northside earlier this year.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My kids are older and well aware now.

I can enjoy sitting in comfy shorts without a firearm on me until I have to start dealing with grandkids. Hopefully that will be a short while tho.

Here's to having it on you 24 hours a day until she becomes aware in a safe manner.

Congrats on moving but I worry that no place is safe any more.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    IMPD: Homeowner shot, killed home invasion suspect | WISH-TV

I'm glad to see these type of self-defense incidents are on the rise in Indy.

Two guys try to break into a house. Homeowner fights back, fires shots at both of them. One shows up at the hospital with a GSW and succumbs to his injuries. The second suspect is still on the run.

Actually I'm not glad to see these sorts of incidents on the rise but the fact is home invasions are a growing problem. The good thing is that more residents are rightfully defending themselves and putting these brazen criminals down!

Really, where is Al Sharpton? Why isn't he here defending this criminal?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't keep them stashed because I have a small daughter, but I always have a gun on me. From the moment I get out of bed until I go to sleep.

Fortunately I just moved my family out of a bad neighborhood on the near northside earlier this year.

WE have G-daughters running amok all the time. There is some high ground that I have to reach up to access. I have things for HD in these areas. When the girls get older this will have to change but for now........all good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We as a society must resemble sheep more and more every day. The dead end run these butt heads are on is senseless with no good ending in sight. Suicidal at best as more of the population arms themselves.

But violent crime is decreasing........:dunno:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Good for the homeowner. I'm glad he was abke to defend himself and come out on the otherside unscathed.

As for keeping guns around the house... I can't afford to do that. I don't live in the best neighborhood and a few of my neighbors are "sketchy" to put it lightly. Leaving firearms around the house unsecured is not an option. Not sure I could live with myself knowing a unsecured gun was stolen out of my house and used in a murder. No, not an option for me. I choose to carry my EDC on my person at all times instead and my work gun goes in the safe unless I'm getting dressed for work or am out running errands. Leaving firearms around the house and locking them up each time is just not practical.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I don't live in the best neighborhood and a few of my neighbors are "sketchy" to put it lightly. Leaving firearms around the house unsecured is not an option. Not sure I could live with myself knowing a unsecured gun was stolen out of my house and used in a murder. No, not an option for me. I choose to carry my EDC on my person at all times instead and my work gun goes in the safe unless I'm getting dressed for work or am out running errands. Leaving firearms around the house and locking them up each time is just not practical.

Agree with this^
    Another big fear would be coming home to a thug armed with one of MY loaded guns, MAJOR fail IMO. If its not on my person or within arms reach its unloaded and locked up period.

Top Bottom