• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Responsible gun shop owners sink pylons deep into the ground in front of the storefront. It's impossible to drive a car into the storefront, for they hit the pylons first.

So the obvious question that arises is....why didn't 500 Guns have them?

Uh, they do have them. Ballards don't stop someone from PULLING bars AWAY from the building.:n00b:

Edit: Churchmouse and Colt556 beat me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Responsible gun shop owners sink pylons deep into the ground in front of the storefront. It's impossible to drive a car into the storefront, for they hit the pylons first.

So the obvious question that arises is....why didn't 500 Guns have them?

Read the thread. I was at the store today. I know these men. They did not drive a car through the store.......screw the news.

You should read the thread. Knowledge is a terrible thing.

Yep, we know the Media NEVER gets the story wrong and ONLY reports the facts. :rolleyes: The shop has posts planted into the asphalt along the side and in the front as well as large concrete flower pots out front. The bars were pulled off the front of the building by the thieves attaching a chain or cable to the bars and pulling them off with a truck or SUV. They then climbed through the plate glass window and inner set of steel bars, yes there are bars on the outside and the inside.

Firsthand knowledge?? Actual, correct facts?!?

Why..oh..why Churchmouse & Colt556, do you two insist on screwing up a perfectly good example of Stuck-on-Stupid-so-let's-talk-out-of-our-
    images
    Internet speculation by mucking up the works with such pesky and inconvenient things like facts or actually KNOWING what you're talking about regarding the subject at hand??!?

;) :D ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Firsthand knowledge?? Actual, correct facts?!?

Why..oh..why Churchmouse & Colt556, do you two insist on screwing up a perfectly good example of Stuck-on-Stupid-so-let's-talk-out-of-our-
    images
    Internet speculation by mucking up the works with such pesky and inconvenient things like facts or actually KNOWING what you're talking about regarding the subject at hand??!?

;) :D ;)

I just get stuck in the facts sometimes when so many arm chair experts pipe up with no knowledge of the situation....... Oops.....there I go again...:D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    500 Guns apparently has better security than Kuwait.

20,000 U.S. M-16s stolen from unguarded warehouse in Kuwait | World Tribune

New mini interceptor

World Tribune TV

Cosmic Tribune

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 | Posted by WorldTribune.com
    20,000 U.S. M-16s stolen from unguarded warehouse in Kuwait
    Special to WorldTribune.com
    ABU DHABI — Kuwait has reported the theft of a massive amount of
    U.S. weapons.

The Interior Ministry said thieves broke into a warehouse and stole a
    huge amount of firearms and ammunition. The ministry said 20,000 U.S.-origin M-16 assault rifles and 15,000 rounds for 9mm pistols were stolen.
    “There were no guards during the break-in,” the ministry said on April
    The ministry said the target was a warehouse of the Interior Ministry in
    Subiya. The statement said thieves broke three doors and removed the entire contents of the warehouse.
    Kuwait has been a major defense client of the United States. The U.S.
    military has stationed some 13,000 troops, most of them assigned to
    logistics, to the Gulf Cooperation Council sheikdom.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I thought jewelry stores put everything away and back out every night/day....

that is correct...at least the large locally owned store I worked in years ago. Huge safe that came from the Bank that once was that store.
    Everything came off on felt covered 3'X3' flats and laid one atop another in the safe. Slick in slick out.

The guns would get banged up a bunch if they were put away each night.

I'm sure some of the expensive pieces go into the safe/vaults, but for many of the others - new or not - probably don't get that kinda protection.

rings and diamonds and gem stones are pretty small when compared to long guns and hand guns.

:cool:

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    The bars were pulled off the front of the building by the thieves attaching a chain or cable to the bars and pulling them off with a truck or SUV.
    I drive that stretch of 16th Street a lot...usually mornings and evenings Monday through Friday. Consequently, I have no idea what the traffic is like at 3 am or whenever the break-in occurred. Maybe it's a ghost town.

Nonetheless, we are talking about one of the major arteries from the west side to downtown, IUPUI, etc. That said, I'm stunned that nobody saw the break-in happen and bothered to call the police. Have the people in that area become so calloused about crime that they just don't bother to report blatant criminal activity?

Hmmm...makes me want to buy another gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I drive that stretch of 16th Street a lot...usually mornings and evenings Monday through Friday. Consequently, I have no idea what the traffic is like at 3 am or whenever the break-in occurred. Maybe it's a ghost town.

Nonetheless, we are talking about one of the major arteries from the west side to downtown, IUPUI, etc. That said, I'm stunned that nobody saw the break-in happen and bothered to call the police. Have the people in that area become so calloused about crime that they just don't bother to report blatant criminal activity?

Hmmm...makes me want to buy another gun.

Area is a total ghost town between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM

The thieves were in and out in less than 5 minutes and most likely live close by.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wonder how many of you 20/20 hindsight gun store security consultants armed with local media newscast knowledge have actually been in that store let alone actually managed or owned a gun shop. Our had your own residences robbed...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I wonder how many of you 20/20 hindsight gun store security consultants armed with local media newscast knowledge have actually been in that store let alone actually managed or owned a gun shop. Our had your own residences robbed...
    :wavey:

all 3 so I can be TOP Security consultant. :rolleyes:

well actually it was my gun store and my camper that was broken into, not my home. But it still counts right?!?!? :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Face it, everyone is better at a job they never actually have to do. Just look at all the Monday Morning QB's who know how to be the police but have never worn a badge and tried it.

I'm an excellent test pilot. You just don't hit the ground too fast or at too steep an angle. I haven't crashed yet. Suck it, licensed pilots who've actually flown a plane, I'm better than you.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    I can't believe that in a civilized country like this we sell cars and log chains to people without doing criminal background checks.

That having been said, Joe and Guy, I was sorry to see this news item, mainly because I know how seriously you take security. I'm glad you are both alright.

Last edited:

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Donut burglary

Smash and Grab, there ought to be a law against those.............oh wait, lets eliminate all guns across America, thats it! Nobody backs into a donut shop to burgle it do they?

It would be a little funny if someone did burglarize a donut shop because as far as I know they take all the donuts and throw them in the dumpster every night!

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    burglar bombs work.....Break into any major jewelry store and you get gassed...........Most rated safes emit toxic gases if you try to open them with a torch.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    16th St is dead between 2am and 5am. You could shoot a cannon off in the middle of 16th and nobody would notice it. The building has an alarm that sounds like a tornado siren and is LOUD!!!! The cops were there in less than 5 minutes too.
    As far as using some sort of chemical bomb or spray Joe and Guy have been to Africa and the Southwest hunting several times and the shop is full of very expensive trophy animals. I'm not certain what affect chemicals would have on these critters. There is a full male and female lion, hyena, numerous birds, a bison head, zebra head and a looonnnggggg necked giraffe mount too.

Top Bottom