Annie's or indian's ? rimfire target help.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    I want to get a upper end rimfire rifle. To be used for target shooting both bench and offhand. I would also want it not to be to heavy to hunt with. I am looking at Anshutzs (mpr or 1400 series),CZ's or the Savage brand. also would like oppinions on 22lr or hm2 as I want to stay away from the magnums. I am very new to the upper end rimfire world and any brand,scope and cal. info will be appriciated.
    :popcorn:

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    What is your budget? That will help with suggestions. I have a "few" CZ's and feel they are the most bang for your buck. Are you wanting to shoot iron sights or put some nice glass on it ?

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    cz 452 american 16" threaded barrel. Mine shoots laser beam accurate and is quite as a mouse with a supressor.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a "few" CZ 452s and for the money they are hard to beat! I have a friend who has Anschutz, Cooper, Win 52s, etc and after he saw how well my 452 Varmint shot it went out and bought one. I can easily get under 1" groups, usually around .5" at 50 yds if I do my part. If you are in Indy go out to KS&E on Pendletom Pike, they normally have a good selection of 452s in stock and at very fair prices.

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    To help out a little i do not want to spend over 900.00 for the rifle but do not need to spend any extra for a name. The Anschutz feel like good guns compared to the Savage,but I read some great accuracy reviews about the Savage. When compared to the .17hm2 it seems the round is more accurate and you get good results from a lesser gun. For a bit more information to help out I am leaning twards a .22lr and a good scope.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'll back what everyone has said about CZ. That being said, I am a CZ junkie. They had 3 at Elmore's on Thursday. PSS has a used 452 trainer. Other than that I have bought all the others in town. :D (don't tell my wife)

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    I may have to check out the cz's after all the top reviews. But I am kinda set on the savage over the anschutz because of price. we will see.

Top Bottom