Anderson (Shady Side park) trianga stove outing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am packing up some gear and headed out with my daughter to Shady Side park, we're going to ride our bicycles around the lakes starting at the wetlands preserve & then stop off over by the sculptures to roast some hotdogs over a trangia stove.

If any of my fellow Andersonians want to come out and join us, maybe learn a little about trangia stoves you are more than welcome to.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some photos of our little outing.

outing014.jpg

outing022.jpg

outing034.jpg

outing015.jpg

outing016.jpg

outing017.jpg

outing028.jpg

outing027.jpg

outing030.jpg

outing029.jpg

outing023.jpg

outing008.jpg

outing018.jpg

outing019.jpg

outing013.jpg

outing002.jpg

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Looks like you all had good time. Sorry I missed the post maybe next time. I used to do a lot of fishing at Shady Side when I still had my boat.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    USMC,

Well it was sort of a last minute deal, after I picked up my daughter from school she asked if we could go ride bicycles (which usually means a picnic and stuff too) so I grabbed my BOB & stuffed a soft-sided cooler down in it with some goodies and as we were preparing to go I thought I'd jump on INGO & post an invite real quick before turning off the computer to leave to see if anyone was interested in joining us.

But as you can see from the photographs we had plenty of "uninvited guests" that came and shared our lunch with us!

JPY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I think Shadyside Park is a surprisingly beautiful park, even if the name DOES sound like that of a mental institution. :-) Looks like you guys had fun!

I miss walking my dogs there.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks everyone, yea Shady Side is a really great city park, we go enjoy the facilities there every chance we get, be it hiking, jogging, bicycling, fishing, canoing, picnic'ing, nature watching, enjoying the free concerts, going for the free movies, sledding down the hills, or playing on the playgrounds, there is really alot of great stuff to do there.

We really enjoy it.

Top Bottom