• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I have to admit, im not up on all the brands of AR parts out there. What do you guys know about Anderson lowers, if anything? They are made in Kentucky and actually look decent. A LGS has them by me for $79 stripped.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I bought one for a cheapo build (Midlength, fully operating with carry handle rear sight, only $450 invested! :D ). The Anderson lowers are decent. Some tooling marks here and there, but nothing I could see on the outside. Heck, I have two of their products: The lower I put on my cheap build (and was a regular one) and an blem stripped upper (where I could not find a blem, lol).

For the money, why not? Same materials as any other, same forging, just paying for having a few machining marks here and there.

Remember during the panics when even the cheap ATI polymer Omnis were going for $200? Buy a few Andersons and keep 'em for a rainy day. :)

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I'm certainly not an expert, but the few I have used have been fine. I understand that there are groups out there unhappy with their customer service and complete rifles, but I am not certain how much (if any) of that applies to their lowers.

FWIW, I think I paid $60ea + FFL the last time I ordered, so your LGS price seems reasonable.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I figured the price was going rate on a cheap lower. I just wondered about the quality. Thanks for your responses, guys, Guess Ill have to buy one. lol

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The finish and machine work seem good, I spent a while at the booth at the NRA show shooting the bull, seemed like good guys. Said they were a tool and die shop, have been making AR parts for years but only recently started offering parts and rifles to consumers. Not sure if that's true or not, but their parts seem to be well finished, I think their complete rifles could be less expensive but they have to pay the 11% tax.

They claim their RF-85 coating is pretty damn good stuff, said more durable than melonite. I'd like to see the tests though, would be impressive to see

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I bought 3 Anderson lowers from Palmetto State when they had blems for cheap. I work with these sorts of things on a daily basis and I couldn't spot the blems. Finish was spot on and so was the machining.

If you want cheap and don't mind paying a transfer, check out Palmetto State Armory. They've got their (Palmetto State) pictogram and safe/fire blems on sale for $49.99 right now and they're showing in stock. I'd buy 3 or 4 but I've got a handful of stripped lowers sitting here already and I'm planning on picking 1 or 2 up from work when I can.

jwhitaker45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    I have a LGS that can do them for 60$ each. I think for 80 you are really overpaying. Even CTD has them for 60$ a piece. They are decent for budget builds, but like I said, 80$ is a bit much.

jwhitaker45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Or like SEPE said, check out Palmetto State. Or joeboboutfitters.com. They have some Spikes Tactical BLEM lowers for I think 74.99. I just think for 80$ You can get a better lower.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    When you order online tho you still have pay the transfer fee so it all evens out in the end.

When I've ordered lowers, I order 3-5 at a time. Saving $20-50 per lower and paying $25 for the transfer for all of them works out to be a good deal. I can see if you're wanting it NOW and only wanting 1, it would even out.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Or like SEPE said, check out Palmetto State. Or joeboboutfitters.com. They have some Spikes Tactical BLEM lowers for I think 74.99. I just think for 80$ You can get a better lower.

Better? :dunno: While an argument for value based on brand preference could be made, the part quality/finish is basically identical in my experience (Spikes vs Anderson)
    There is basically no difference between forged lower brands besides finishing and roll mark.

It's your money, buy the roll mark that makes you happy, but thats all the extra money is going towards on these mid-tier stripped lowers.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I'm putting decent part (I think) in my Anderson lower. Sure it's not a cool name and billet but has the Cerro forge mark. The parts I've put in so far haven't given me and trouble.

I paid 59 or 69.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Better? :dunno: While an argument for value based on brand preference could be made, the part quality/finish is basically identical in my experience (Spikes vs Anderson)
    There is basically no difference between forged lower brands besides finishing and roll mark.

It's your money, buy the roll mark that makes you happy, but thats all the extra money is going towards on these mid-tier stripped lowers.

Agreed. Anderson, BCM, and Palmetto all have their uppers contracted to Anchor Harvey Aluminum. There is no quality difference and as far as uppers are concerned, not even a roll mark difference. I wouldn't be surprised if the lowers for those 3 companies are also manufactured by the same company.

Top Bottom