• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just spent the last seven days at Camp Atterbury as a Block Officer on the firing line for the NRA High Power Rifle National Matches. Just like every gun related event I have attended in the last 5 years, everyone was polite, respectful and are genuinely great people to be around. That includes HHRP Monday Night Steel, MCFG Friday Night Steel, Wildcat Creek Falling Steel, the NRA Annual Meeting here in Indy and the Stout Field and Marion County gun shows. The staff at the High Power Matches made this one week volunteer feel right at home. The education I received from the exposure to the staff and competitors in this subsection of the shooting sports is priceless.
    If you are not aware, Camp Atterbury is the NRA home for most, if not all, of the National Matches, including small bore and high power.
    As I left today, I asked which weeks needed the most volunteers and was told "High Power Mid Range". If you can spare a week, think about volunteering for next years' national matches. The competitors and staff come from all over the country for these matches and this is a great opportunity to show that INGO and Indiana support them.

One group of competitors that I have observed at the last three national matches is the shooters from Camp Valor Outdoors. The best way to describe what their mission is, is to include this excerpt from the home page of their website. "We recognize and honor ill, injured, and wounded disabled veterans and their families through adaptive and competitive activities such as guided fishing, hunting, shooting, archery, 4-wheeling, or just simply relaxing around the campfire."
    If you can spare the cost of a box of ammo every month or so to support this group, it will help Camp Valor Outdoors to continue their support of those who have supported all of us. This is a link to the Camp Valor Outdoors web page. https://www.campvaloroutdoors.org/

Top Bottom