• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm gathering that she's an actress/comedian. Not surprised she's anti-gun after finding out who her cousin is and that she's a Hollywood type.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Disappointed. She's a quite funny comedian, who's known for some off the wall very non-PC cringe humor. It's sad to see someone who so embraces the 1st, attacking the 2nd.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Wasn't the theatre that got shot up playing her latest movie? It's a damn shame there wasn't somebody with some sort of implement there who could have possibly intervened and kept the patrons safe. And yes, of course I'm talking about more prominent no-gun signs that the shooter might have noticed and which may have swayed him to go home instead, lest he be prosecuted.

I just wish a lot of people would shut up.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I was actually of the mind at one time that I wanted to ravage her. After considerable thought and consideration now . . . . . . I still want to. Go figure !?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    ""These are not extreme ideas," Amy Schumer said. "No one wants to live in a country where a felon, the mentally ill or other dangerous people can get their hands on a gun with such ease.""

With such ease? If he lied on the form, that's a felony. If the store knowingly provided a firearm to an ineligible person that's a felony. If the NCIS came back clear then that is a serious issue as there were 4 reasons to prohibit him from owing a firearm.

So what laws does she think will be needed this time? What was the failing of the current law?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    On the surface, I think the bill proposed by her cousin Chuckie makes a lot of sense - both Charleston & Lafayette shooters should have never been able to pass NICS checks, but they did. Obviously, the system has holes that need repaired.

A new law compelling states to send data on involuntary committees, domestic abusers, etc. into the NICS system will strengthen the system already in place.

A pragmatic person knows that while a "background check" won't stop someone dedicated to doing bad from getting a gun, it should be able to stop those who are prohibited persons from getting one through a FFL and it didn't in those two cases because the data put into the system was incomplete. NICS isn't going anywhere, so let's bolster the system so that it can work as intended.

OBVIOUSLY the devil is always in the details (I'm principally concerned about false domestic abuse accusations & the rights of those who are accused), and people who provide false statements on 4473s or are otherwise prohibited NEED to be quickly investigated and prosecuted by law enforcement...but I really don't have a problem with making the existing system stronger.

As for Amy Schumer...she's a hilarious comedian who like everybody on INGO and elsewhere is entitled to her opinions...but not entitled to her own set of facts.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    On the surface, I think the bill proposed by her cousin Chuckie makes a lot of sense - both Charleston & Lafayette shooters should have never been able to pass NICS checks, but they did. Obviously, the system has holes that need repaired.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Nothing that 'fine gentleman' says makes sense. He has no intention of stopping with 'reasonable background checks', but is just dying to get his foot in the door on the way to confiscation. Sure, keep 'improving' the system until it excludes the people HE doesn't want having guns. But you can't polish a :poop:. Not very well at least...

Nothing good is coming out of NYS these days...

Top Bottom