Ammo Type and Where to get? (TRAP, SKEET, and Sporting Clays)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    I went and shot trap last night, It was a good time. What shot do you all use? Im not sure I want to reload but I would like to know where I can get some inexpensive shot shells...

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Wal-Marts(some) has Federal 1OZ loads of 8's for 4.58 per box. Remington is running a rebate, $1 off per box bought in lots of 10 boxes, on gun Clubs. Case price per box is 5.98 (10 per case). So with the rebate 4.98 per box. For reloading data you need to decide which you are shooting, Trap, Skeet or Sporting. Than we can tell you what the starter load should be. Hope this helps.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    The best I have found when I shoot clays is #7 Dove/Quail Shot from Rural King or Wal-Mart @ 3.99 a box. 100 clays for 5$. If you're looking for a shooter check sportsmansguide.com. Good deals on hitch shooters, sling shooters, and sitters.
    I only shoot Dove/Quail since I hunt them often and it keeps you sharper with a smaller shot.

Driller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Noblesville
    Just make sure you are shooting #7.5's or smaller shot (8's or 9's) if you are at a club or private range. Anything else(like 4's and 6's) is typically for hunting and the shot string will carry to far and is therefore not allowed. If you intend to reload buy a better grade shell such as Winchester AA's, Remingon STS's or Gun clubs. If you are not then just buy the cheapest you can find and have fun!

rev500ss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Royal Center
    I've used the winchester universal #8's from walmart for shooting sporting clays. If your not looking to get into reloading they are fairly cheap, I think their around $20.xx here locally for 100 shells.

Top Bottom