• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So I got buddy’s that come and shoot at my house all the time, they live in IL, crook county to be exact. A lot of times they bring their own ammo, but often they just throw me some money for ammo because I get it way cheaper in bulk. So I think maybe technically I’m selling them ammo, they shoot it at my house so it’s not actually crossing state lines. But I was wondering if it’s legal? I just always assumed it was but now I’m second guessing myself.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So I got buddy’s that come and shoot at my house all the time, they live in IL, crook county to be exact. A lot of times they bring their own ammo, but often they just throw me some money for ammo because I get it way cheaper in bulk. So I think maybe technically I’m selling them ammo, they shoot it at my house so it’s not actually crossing state lines. But I was wondering if it’s legal? I just always assumed it was but now I’m second guessing myself.
    No clue on the legality, but an open forum isn't where I'd be asking about those legalities, while possibly admitting to a misdemeanor or felony

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here in the Great State of Indiana, that is perfectly legal. Laws in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Illinois only apply if you cross that line on the map.

triggerhammer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2023
    Michigan City
    AFAIK, legal for you in Indiana. Under Illinois law the buyer can legally purchase it, providing he displays to you both his IL FOID card (or IL CCL) and IL Drivers License. The applicable IL statute is 430 ILCS 65/3 (b-5).

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Nothing to do with ammo sales but several years ago I was shooting with an Indiana State Trooper and asked him about the legality of something since I still lived in Illinois at the time. Don't remember what it was about but I remember his answer. "When you are in Indiana follow Indiana laws and we will have no problem." Jim.

Top Bottom