• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    So I really REALLY want a rock island 1911.... Unfortunately, I just looked up 500 rounds for my glock 19, 27, and wasr 10, and two boxes of federal hst HP defensive rounds for the glocks.... looks like I wont be buying any new guns anytime soon :(

I need to get into reloading... :(

k315ch.png

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What press do you use and how did you arrive at that decision?

This question is almost as subjective as asking a group of people what's their favorite gun. :)

Fwiw... I got a Hornady LnL for Christmas this last year. Chose it based on best combination of quality and price. Do a search on this forum and I'm sure you'll find a thread or 2 on this subject. Happy shopping.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    What press do you use and how did you arrive at that decision?

I bought a Dillon RL550B and really like it so far. I bought it after watching countless videos on utube. It just apperaed to be the easiest to set up and adjust while still having the ability to crank out some rounds if I needed alot made in a shorter time.
    The Hornady LNL AP looks amazing to me but it kinda intimidated me with it's complexity. I used a rockchucker in Aszerigan's class and I really liked it as well and the pay back on it would be pretty quick if you shoot alot.
    Good luck on your decision.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I started out with a Lee anniversary kit, and have added to it and replaced pieces as I find different tools I like. It was the least expensive way to get started that I could find, and so far has served me well. It is only a single stage, but I have a second smaller single stage that sits on my bench next to the main press, and that speeds things up a little.
    As far as dies go, I have dies from Lee, Hornady, and RCBS. So far the Hornady pistol dies are my favorite, but the Lee dies will work just to get you started.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Hornady LNL AP looks amazing to me but it kinda intimidated me with it's complexity.

Ahhhh... If I can figure it out, anybody can:):

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Get the lee turret, it's easy to use. You can run it single stage too if you want. If you run it with the auto indexing you can still pump out 200+ rounds an hour

Top Bottom