• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • happysmitie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    crawfordsville
    like a lot of people , been buying some ammo on line . in the past i bought a lot of my ammunition at gun shows , mostly at the fall 1500 show.
    will enjoy the shows a lot better not having to lug around and keep track of what i bought !:cool:
    did some business with sg ammo . they have been out of a good number of loads for quite a while now. found lucky gunner on line . their prices were competitive and i placed a medium size order with them yesterday . confirming e-mail says it will be here this friday, not bad at all & only $16 for shipping .
    i must figure in if the $ cost is only marginally higher i still came out pretty good . much less hassle and the prices at the shows were rising as much as there was not the bargains to be had as yester years !

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    If you keep an eye on the sites, subscribe to the email blasts, etc., you'll almost always beat the dudes at the show. And, as noted, you don't even have to put pants on.

The margins on ammo right now are horrible. "Good deals" are often only a few bucks off the competition and when that's the case, I'll always take convenience over costs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I probably buy more from SGAmmo than any other online vendor, but I do shop around. In addition to signing up for ammo sites' emails like MohawkSlim said, I also check this site often: gun-deals.com - User-Submitted Gun & Ammunition Deals

It's kind of like that Trivago site for hotels. Gives you the prices from almost all sites that carry the caliber you're looking for. If you put in your zip code it will even give you shipping costs for each site, and the total cost per round with shipping included. That comes in handy, since what seems like a good deal can be not so great if the shipping is too high.

Generally speaking the only ammo I buy at shows is milsurp stuff (8mm Mauser, 7.65 Argentine, etc.).

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    GunBot 17hmr rimfire ammo is great if you are just looking for whatever is the cheapest, or odd calibers.

Interesting. I just checked GunBot's HMR prices against the brick I just bought from MidSouth Shooters Supply. Caught it on sale for $10.50 a box. Shipping was about $8 IIRC. Out of stock now but that was the best price I've seen for long time. I think lots of guys overlook the big online retailers for some reason.

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    I buy at Freedom Munitions.

1,500 rds of 9mm for EDIT $285 shipped
    1,000 rds of .223 for $295 shipped
    My orders ship next day.

After 1,000 rounds of their remans, not a single failure,

The very first round out of a box of Federal for my AR... FTF. Freedom loads excellent ammo.

Last edited:

Inhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Clinton
    I buy at Freedom Munitions.

1,500 rds of 9mm for $238 shipped
    1,000 rds of .223 for $295 shipped
    My orders ship next day.

After 1,000 rounds of their remans, not a single failure,

The very first round out of a box of Federal for my AR... FTF. Freedom loads excellent ammo.

Both prices and shipping times are up now.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Have you tried Wikiarms? Let them do the searching for you, and then just select the deal. I use it all the time (every time?). I have bought from LAX Ammo, Cheaper than Dirt, Surplus Ammo, Outdoor Limited and Freedom Munitions, and all of them have been great.

You can enter the caliber, and select if you want steel, brass, reloads, etc. by checking the appropriate check boxes at the top of the page. Click on the deal that you find, and it takes you right to the vendor's site. Wikiarms does not actually sell anything directly, they just search the deals. You still buy directly from the vendor.

https://www.wikiarms.com/

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    Both prices and shipping times are up now.

Had to edit the 9mm. It was $285 for 1,500 rds.

I ordered last week and two days ago... Both shipped next day.

They have 5% off all ammo this entire month, it appears in your cart. Also, the shipping time posted on their page says 10-17 days, as it has for a month now... But mine have all shipped next day. Ordered on the 10th, shipped the 11th...

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I buy most of my ammo at SGammo, good pricing and fast shipping. AR and AK mags as well. I have purchased a lot of pistol ammo from freedom munitions too. Can't go wrong with either company.

Mikuhl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Indy
    I've bought ammo from sgammo and targetsportsusa. Targetsportsusa generally has free shipping when you buy a case.

I like SG a lot, they seem to always have good prices on some sort of plinking 9mm. Only bought from target once though I may have to check them out soon.

I used to always buy from Natchez and wideners but they don't seem to have decent prices for anything I want lately.

Mikuhl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Indy
    Had to edit the 9mm. It was $285 for 1,500 rds.

I ordered last week and two days ago... Both shipped next day.

They have 5% off all ammo this entire month, it appears in your cart. Also, the shipping time posted on their page says 10-17 days, as it has for a month now... But mine have all shipped next day. Ordered on the 10th, shipped the 11th...

Still a good deal at $285. Never bought from them though. I've always been wary of reman ammo. Anyone else shoot their stuff?

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I've never had a problem ordering ammo online from any seller. I'd guess I've used 10+ different online sources. It's all about finding the one with free shipping, since that's usually a decent amount added on.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Still a good deal at $285. Never bought from them though. I've always been wary of reman ammo. Anyone else shoot their stuff?

I've gone through about 500 rds of Freedom Munitions .38 spl new. I've had no problems. FM doesn't do reman only. They typically have both reman and new. While I like their ammo and prices, the order I made on the 3rd still has not shipped yet. Last order shipped next day. Also, if you sign up for their emails, you get free shipping on your first order. They also have periodic free shipping periods.

Top Bottom