• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have been in desperate need for a "real" belt for some time now, as my old belt was thin, stretched and "floppy". Since it was tax season, I thought I could afford to spend a little on a good belt, that is going to last me for years, instead of buying another "store brand" belt.

I started doing some research, and at first the prices I found out there really took me back. I just can't afford $100+ on a belt. So, I kept seeing good things about "Amish Belts" and did a search and found Hanks Clothing:

Amish Belts - Black

From their site:
    1 1/2" Wide Extra Heavy leather. When you want an extra heavy ultra tough belt, a USA made belt, you just can`t beat these.
    Nothing fancy but the toughest belt we have ever sold.

• 1 1/2 " width fits thru most all belt loops
    • Extra thick leather last for years
    • Buckle can be replaced with your own
    • Screwed together
    FIT TIP ---- If wearing this belt as a CCW Belt we recommend going up 2 sizes!! If wearing as a normal belt we recommend going up 1 size!
    Also available in brown
    Many of our customers purchase this belt as a CCW Belt .... a tough rugged belt
    Customers call this the

• "Best Concealed Carrier they have ever purchased"
    • "Great for concealed carry! "
    • "An excellent all around work belt Thanks!! "
    Rugged, tough, and long lasting. This belt won't let you or
    your pants down.
    USA Made Belt

Hmm, lots of great reviews, quite a few from gun owners, and $29 - $37 (based on size) shipped.. Sounded like a good deal to me, so I ordered on. I ordered it Sunday night, and r'cvd it Wednesday morning. Wow, that was fast!

The belt was exactly as described. Frankly, this is the best belt I have ever owned. Thick, solid, almost no twist, very solid hardware, etc. I have a paddle holster for my XD and could feel the difference the instant I put it on. The holster is held tight to the body now, like it should be. I haven't worn it with my Kholster IWB yet, but when I do I will update this thread..

They also come in brown, and brown and black with tooled Eagle designs. (didnt see those when I ordered, dang it! lol)

All in all, for the price I don't think you can beat it. You can pay as much, if not more, in a retail store for a lesser quality belt. I highly recommend this belt!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That plain brown is a nice looking belt. And I'm very impressed and a little in awe that they make them up to 80" for $37. That is a LOT of belt for the money. I might have to look into these as I mostly have Walmart belts and while they've done fine for the Glock 27 my S&W 686 causes lots of twisting.

Bugoutbob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    South Bend
    Ordered one as well. I had purchased my recent belt at tractor supply, which isn't too bad in a pinch. I am just waiting for my belt from The Beltman to be finished and need something to get by with. I'll follow up once I get both.

Thanks for the link!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    A good, thick, high quality belt is like the difference between night and day when it comes to carry.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ordered, thanks for the link

Ordered one as well. I had purchased my recent belt at tractor supply, which isn't too bad in a pinch. I am just waiting for my belt from The Beltman to be finished and need something to get by with. I'll follow up once I get both.

Thanks for the link!

Great link! Thanks. I've been looking for a good belt. Looks like I've found it.

Hope you like it as much as I do!

These are only single layer btw. I have one very similar I put together from tandy.

What are the advantages of multi layer belts?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Hope you like it as much as I do!

What are the advantages of multi layer belts?
    I have a single layer, and I still have to pull it up. It still is better than a wally world as the holes don't fray out, but I still think it's too "elastic" and sags at the holster position. I carry at 3 with a paddle mount, and 4 OWB and the belt is still straight, it just sags down.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have a single layer, and I still have to pull it up. It still is better than a wally world as the holes don't fray out, but I still think it's too "elastic" and sags at the holster position. I carry at 3 with a paddle mount, and 4 OWB and the belt is still straight, it just sags down.

Well as of now, I have no sag at all in this belt. I guess the real test will be time..

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Got mine today, quiet pleased. Yes a double layered belt would be stiffer and nicer, and about $60 more... So this will do just fine for now. I've spent as much for crappier belts so for $30 I think it is money well spent for me, again thanks for putting up the link!

greghvac

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    the belt guy should be at the 1500, i made it to the one on holt road but he wasnt there.i need one

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Got mine today, quiet pleased. Yes a double layered belt would be stiffer and nicer, and about $60 more... So this will do just fine for now. I've spent as much for crappier belts so for $30 I think it is money well spent for me, again thanks for putting up the link!

You're welcome.

Glad I didnt steer you wrong! lol

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Just ordered one in brown. Looks like good quality and I really like the brown color. Hopefully these last better than the overpriced crap belts I get at Kohls that sag and sometimes flake off the fake leather.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just ordered one in brown. Looks like good quality and I really like the brown color. Hopefully these last better than the overpriced crap belts I get at Kohls that sag and sometimes flake off the fake leather.

I am really happy with mine. For the price, I dont think it can be beat

Top Bottom