• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Kirk, I think the comment is to the point that the fed gov is not respecting the 2A anymore, and that if the hag starts packing the Court, starting with Scalia's position, that "guarantee" will be much less respected. By the time anything got heard, there'd be a slew of new papers with the color of law that would have Jefferson, Washington, Franklin, and a few others grabbing rifles, were they still among us (and that's presuming they wouldn't have done so already.)

If the gun grabbers do try to reinterpret and say that the RKBA is only for the militia, stare decisis notwithstanding, that will be the only "cover" any of us have under the law.

As I recall, though, we have Title 10, identifying all between 17 and 45(?) as militia, federally, and here in Indiana, Art. 12, as noted above. Is that correct, obviously dependent upon the phrasing of the law, whenever it gets written?

Blessings,
    Bill[/QUOTE]

Mr. Freeman - obviously I know the 2A is a Federal right. I was referring to the article in the link that stated if Hillary wins and starts to dismantle the 2A as we know it (she thinks the 2A refers to the state's National Guard and not to us civilians) that individual states might get around her interpretation of the 2A & her SCOTUS judges destruction of the 2A by implementing a law that state citizens are considered "state militia". Thanks to Bill for educating me that this already exists in Indiana. I did not know that, but maybe the article still might be applicable to other states that have not yet passed the "militia" legislation. The OP's article was not written specific to Indiana.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I recall similarly dire predictions in 2008...and 2012.

I think the big difference this time is that the Supreme Court is up for grabs. We both know that with a liberal SC, the libs will appeal one thing after the other through the court system until they get to the SC, where they will get their way. Every time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I recall similarly dire predictions in 2008...and 2012.

It'll always be a doomsday situation with some. Pretty sure SCOTUS was up-for-grabs before, and here we still stand.

If they were consistent, at all, they'd realize going after the GOP running for re-election is just as stupid... since giving Clinton a majority in Senate/House just makes it easier for her to do as she wants, and appoint who she wants.

But don't count on that. It's all about the enemies in 2016, and making sure they pay for not bending the knee.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    It'll always be a doomsday situation with some. Pretty sure SCOTUS was up-for-grabs before, and here we still stand.

But last time a justice needed appointing, we still had a conservative majority. Obama appointed sodomayor, but it didn't affect rulings much because we still had the court 5/4.

Top Bottom