• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Friday, July 25, 2008 4:20 PM PT

Homeland Security: Forced to defend its growing terrorist watch list, the FBI let slip a chilling fact that should silence ACLU grumblers: America is teeming with 20,000 terrorists.

Read More: Global War On Terror

After 9/11, federal authorities estimated that as many as 5,000 terrorists were living in the U.S. The new figure is jarring not only because it's four times as large but because it's based on real persons, not estimates.

It's not something headquarters wanted to publicize. Officials had downplayed the threat so as not to spook the public. The spin had been that Britain has the homegrown problem, not us.

But that was before the ACLU launched a campaign with the Democrat Congress to demonize the watch list as a Gestapo-like tool. The FBI had no choice but to knock down their myths.

The ACLU charged that an "out-of-control" FBI is adding mostly innocent people to the list, ballooning it to "over 1 million names." "I doubt this thing would even be effective at catching a real terrorist," ACLU spokesman Barry Steinhardt harrumphed.

In fact, the list has saved countless lives, according to the head of the FBI's terrorism screening center — an assertion backed up by a recent independent review by the GAO.

And the watch list monitors only 400,000 people, not a million, says the FBI official, Leonard Boyle. The rest are aliases due to the myriad spellings and variations of Arabic surnames.

In a rare public appearance on C-Span, Boyle added that the overwhelming share of individuals on the terrorist list are foreigners, while "5% to 6%" of individuals are U.S. citizens or legal residents.

That still pencils out to at least 20,000 people living in this country right now — at large and on the streets — who have "some relationship with terrorist activity," as Boyle described it.

They pose a big enough threat for airlines to legally bounce them off planes, and for every law enforcement authority from border agents to local police to detain them for questioning.

At 20,000 strong, these suspected homegrown terrorists number a full army division. And they don't include the more than 440 active terrorists the Justice Department already has put behind bars since 9/11. Britain, by comparison, is watching just 8,000.

But never mind all that. The ACLU and its allies on the Hill want to scrap the terrorist watch list and take law enforcement's eye off these potentially dangerous suspects.

In a perfect world, the ACLU might qualify as a terrorist facilitator deserving of its own spot on the list.

IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Put ACLU On Watch

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    So all they have to do to make bigger and bigger watch lists is say there are more and more terrorists?

Not prove it in any real way (i.e. prosecutions that end in convictions).

All they have to do is make the statement/slip?

At what point is that number big enough to add all of us on the list, or suspend the 4th ammendment, etc.?

From what I have seen so far from the Homeland Security Dept, especially in the arm of the TSA, I am in no way trusting enough in their intel or implementation to let them do whatever just cause "they say so".

No challenge to you 4Sarge, just saying I am not that trusting of them...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    No challenge to you 4Sarge, just saying I am not that trusting of them...

I agree that the TSA is a joke beyond epic proportion and I see nothing that the HomeLand Security umbrella has accomplished in a positive manner but I'm just passing along information from INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY. There are terrorists in this country, how many for sure, I do not know but I can guarantee that they were under counted. The Government doesn't (supposedly) even know how many illegals are in the US. They estimate 12 to 20 million (big difference) but by all other credible estimates the illegals number 20 to 40 million. We have been extremely fortunate that the suicide bombers have yet to strike in the US. I'm sure that day is coming or random sniper style mass killing by organized shooters. The food, water, transportation, and utility networks are not secure and are subject to terrorism. We must all be vigil. I cannot trust the government to totally protect me or mine or do I expect them to.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I don't trust that number or that list. Being on a list makes it legal to detain someone for questioning???? Probable cause? Seems fishy. If they are not US citzens and we have some proof that causes concern lets quit watching them and deport them.

One more plane falls out of the sky and the Bill of Rights will never be the same. This is one of my biggest fears. It took a needless hit on 9/11, or shortly after.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I don't trust that number or that list. Being on a list makes it legal to detain someone for questioning???? Probable cause? Seems fishy. If they are not US citizens and we have some proof that causes concern lets quit watching them and deport them.

One more plane falls out of the sky and the Bill of Rights will never be the same. This is one of my biggest fears. It took a needless hit on 9/11, or shortly after.

You do not need another plane to fall out of the sky to be fearful for the Bill of Rights.

An Obama Presidency coupled with a Democrat Congress will be all that it takes for the fall of the America that we know and love.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    We have been extremely fortunate that the suicide bombers have yet to strike in the US. I'm sure that day is coming or random sniper style mass killing by organized shooters. The food, water, transportation, and utility networks are not secure and are subject to terrorism. We must all be vigil. I cannot trust the government to totally protect me or mine or do I expect them to.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I agree with you there. We have been lucky and beyond the items you mention, random attacks on pizza diners, McDonalds, parks, etc are what I fear most.

And to be clear, I could care less if the watch lists have the names, and second names, and misspelled names, of every foreigner in the world on them. But if there are American names on that list, there had better be a darn good, reviewable, and legal reason for it being on the list. Otherwise we have a big problem.

And if lists are being created BEFORE the southern border is secured. Then the process is obscene in and of itself...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

"Needless hit" is exactly it. Perfect. Thanks.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The US cannot Deport Illegals fast enough to make a real difference. We have allowed the ACLU and various Alien Rights Organizations to dictate US Law. That coupled with gutless politicians looking for votes and unscrupulous attorneys wanting the all mighty dollar

Example:

LA Criminal Defense Attorney Los Angeles Avoid Deportation Immigration Lawyer California CA

Immigration

Immigration Issues - Avoid Deportation
    CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS CAN BE ELIMINATED: DON'T LET THE INS DEPORT YOUR CLIENT WITHOUT A FIGHT...

Click here to read more.
    • Philippino immigrant, married with three American children, facing deportation because of conviction for assault with intent to commit great bodily injury. Conviction vacated, client is now able to stay in the US. for the rest of his life.
      [see copy of minute order]
    • More than 50,000 aliens were removed from the United States during the past year because of one or more criminal convictions, and the number of aliens facing removal is still growing.
    • In most instances, the only way to avoid removal based upon criminal conviction is to vacate the conviction. Expungement is effective in only limited situations.
    • Alan Fenster, a former prosecutor for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, has practiced criminal law in both Federal and State courts throughout the United States for the past thirty years.
    • Mr. Fenster specializes in the presentation of habeas corpus-type motions designed to vacate convictions for non-U.S. citizens facing removal from the country. Click Here for copies of several recent victorious motions.
    • Mr. Fenster has already assisted a number of immigration lawyers, helping their clients avoid deportation for criminal convictions. (References are available upon request)
    • Mr. Fenster is available to provide consulting services to immigration lawyers with regard to methodologies for vacating the criminal convictions of their clients, as well as actually preparing the necessary documentation.
    • Represented a client facing deportation based on 3 separate criminal convictions. All 3 convictions were vacated - eliminating client's deportation problems. Click here.
    Contact criminal attorney Alan Fenster immediately if you are facing deportation due to a criminal conviction.

Alan Fenster represents clients throughout California including: Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Culver City, South Bay, San Fernando Valley, Glendale, Pasadena, and Ventura and Orange counties and anywhere else in California where needed.
    9777 Wilshire Boulevard; Suite 900; Beverly Hills, CA 90212
    Phone: (310) 273-3661 Fax: (310) 273-1931 Email

This website will enlighten you on the organized effort to effectively prohibit the US from deporting illegals

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    We HAVE to control our borders. We common folk see that, why don't our legislator's act? Unfortunately, it comes down to greed on the part of those who are the most well off---the legislators.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    We HAVE to control our borders. We common folk see that, why don't our legislator's act? Unfortunately, it comes down to greed on the part of those who are the most well off---the legislators.

+1 :thumbsup:
    I'm concerned about the names that are Not on the list. The Government doesn't have a clue where most of these illegals are
    let alone what they are up to and that is scary

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The US cannot Deport Illegals fast enough to make a real difference. We have allowed the ACLU and various Alien Rights Organizations to dictate US Law. That coupled with gutless politicians looking for votes and unscrupulous attorneys wanting the all mighty dollar

Example:

LA Criminal Defense Attorney Los Angeles Avoid Deportation Immigration Lawyer California CA

Immigration

Immigration Issues - Avoid Deportation
    CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS CAN BE ELIMINATED: DON'T LET THE INS DEPORT YOUR CLIENT WITHOUT A FIGHT...
    Contact criminal attorney Alan Fenster immediately if you are facing deportation due to a criminal conviction.
    All actual contact links removed. OK, so let's recap: Violent criminal who is also in the US illegally. Attorney (aka "officer of the court") Fenster actively promotes his practice as stopping the removal of threats to this country from this country. I can't speak for anyone else, but to me, this sounds very much like "giving aid and comfort to the enemy", aka TREASON.

Will someone explain to me why this slimy motherfu¢ker is not even disbarred, when at a minimum he should be up against a wall with a blindfold, being offered a last cigarette?!

What the HELL has happened to our country? What the hell has happened to our people?

**** like this disgusts me.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Well, we've got more than that in domestic terrorists... ELF, PETA, PETA2 (that is the youth/teenage branch of PETA, that sends out offensive bumper stickers to our youth telling them to vandalize cars with them)... etc.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You do not need another plane to fall out of the sky to be fearful for the Bill of Rights.

An Obama Presidency coupled with a Democrat Congress will be all that it takes for the fall of the America that we know and love.

I am an independent. But I agree the future you speak of is scary. But the Patriot Act was pushed for by a Republican President. He has asked for an gotten many tools or laws that injure the freedom of all Americans.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What the HELL has happened to our country? What the hell has happened to our people?

A destruction of the gender roles of society. Being tough, manly, and courageous have gone out of style. Mainly because too many kids grow up with father who sucks at being a father, or they don't have a father at all.

People are lazy and they want the govt. to do everything for them instead of doing it themselves.

We have let bleeding heart liberals take over way too much. John Smith had a simple policy that saved Jamestown. Those who don't work don't eat.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    A destruction of the gender roles of society. Being tough, manly, and courageous have gone out of style. Mainly because too many kids grow up with father who sucks at being a father, or they don't have a father at all.

People are lazy and they want the govt. to do everything for them instead of doing it themselves.

We have let bleeding heart liberals take over way too much. John Smith had a simple policy that saved Jamestown. Those who don't work don't eat.

Go read The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Gibbon... sounds an awful lot like the U.S., no?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    That is does! Im not one to make direct comparisons to Rome, but we are very closely related. Gird yourself against the oncoming tide of visigoths (out of work people who believe crime pays) and stock up on gladiuses.

As for the lawyer: While he will defintely lose most if not all cases given to him, keep in mind: Someone here in the states is paying him to defend the "client". Lawyers here will condemn me, but most of them are onto it about the moeny. Someone is paying these lawyers to defend the "client" so therefore, even if its a losing case, I would be this guy has a debt collection agency on call 24/7 collecting from immigrant families for lawyer fees b/c a cousin decided to off someone and lost in court. While I dont necessarily agree with defense of illegals or deportees who perform crimes, its not about "looking out for the downtrodden", its all about the money.

Its a lot like Don David touting 2nd amendment, but being the biggest sleaze known to man and selling guns to people without background checks.

This is turning into a policis/2nd amend thing quick.

ARININ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Anyone willing to defend themselves family, home! OR DEFEND the constitution and the bill of rights is a terrorist! WTF

speak out against corruption your a terrorist

speak out against the lies your a terrorist

When will you government worshiping sheep GET IT!!!

WARENTLESS WIRETAPPING, CHECKPOINTS, NO HABEUS CORPUS ETC...:do2:

THERE KILLING THE COUNTRY FROM THE INSIDE OUT STUPIDS!!!!!!!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Spelling spelling dear sir. A normal conversation is fine, yelling indoors is rather unexpected.

Im not sure its night and day like that, however, one is certainly watched a little more than normal if they stand out. Today's world encompasses the television and ignorance. People make money from ignorance and corruption. Its sad to think that if I stand up and say, "hey, this is bad juju", I would be looked down upon by society in general, not to mention attract at least a little attention from the police.

Top Bottom