• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    This whole week I have been looking at books, as an amazon prime member. I have noticed EVERY item listed is only available for standard shipping instead of free 2 day shipping. I decided to mess around type in "watch" and then "shirt" and sure enough every item says in stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.

These are prime items! Where.is.the prime shipping!

I decided to go back in my order history and click on previous orders. Each says the same thing now, standard shipping, extra processing.

I called Amazon and of course I get a foreign guy who can't think and is reading off a script, OBVIOUSLY reading. He tells me.what extra processing means, then goes over my last order and says If i order it again it should arrive in 3-5 days. I then just hang up. I am not asking what extra processing means, I am asking WHY every item on amazon is saying extra processing standard shipping,

I call again and it is a woman with a VERY thick accent. She tries to tell me it is Saturday they don't process orders on the weekend. I put down the phone.. Not even going to try with that one.

Even if I order Sunday it will still say 2 say shipping. But the estimate would.be wednesday. And it has never said on every item extra 1-2 days to process. And it has been like this all week, not just today!

Maybe I can get a US rep on the line tomorrow.

Anyone else want to.check amazon and see if you have the prime shipping options available? I think they had a warehouse fire or something and.they are shipping from.another warehouse lol.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I'm not bashing you, but I find it humorous when we have these issues and it frustrates us. In the mean time in some third world country, there is a family trying to figure out how they are going to get food and clean water.

To answer your question though, I just placed an order with my Prime membership and had no issues.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm not bashing you, but I find it humorous when we have these issues and it frustrates us. In the mean time in some third world country, there is a family trying to figure out how they are going to get food and clean water.

Yes! Shame on us Americans for not living in mud huts and having to swat flies all day long!

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Now whoa whoa whoa... Hang on just a minute. Did you say there was a fire? If there WAS a fire, and it did burn a warehouse, that explains why its going to take a little longer. So clean the sand out of your undergarments and quit *****ing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Amazon, like walmart, newegg, and others are now branching out... they are allowing 3rd parties to inject direct-ship merchandise into the branded channel. Thats where the extra time comes into play.

In "the old days" same/next day ship was the norm because all product originiated from the company controlled warehouses.

Now, with this addition, you have the disclaimer... because now they have to take extra time to batch out the orders and send them to the 3rd party warehouse (as they take a % of the order). Which takes time even though its all electronic. It also takes time for the destination warehouse to get their sh** together and actually get the orders into the box and out the door.

THAT boys and girls is where that extra 1-2 days comes from. Greed, not fire.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This whole week I have been looking at books, as an amazon prime member. I have noticed EVERY item listed is only available for standard shipping instead of free 2 day shipping. I decided to mess around type in "watch" and then "shirt" and sure enough every item says in stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.

These are prime items! Where.is.the prime shipping!

I decided to go back in my order history and click on previous orders. Each says the same thing now, standard shipping, extra processing.

I called Amazon and of course I get a foreign guy who can't think and is reading off a script, OBVIOUSLY reading. He tells me.what extra processing means, then goes over my last order and says If i order it again it should arrive in 3-5 days. I then just hang up. I am not asking what extra processing means, I am asking WHY every item on amazon is saying extra processing standard shipping,

I call again and it is a woman with a VERY thick accent. She tries to tell me it is Saturday they don't process orders on the weekend. I put down the phone.. Not even going to try with that one.

Even if I order Sunday it will still say 2 say shipping. But the estimate would.be wednesday. And it has never said on every item extra 1-2 days to process. And it has been like this all week, not just today!

Maybe I can get a US rep on the line tomorrow.

Anyone else want to.check amazon and see if you have the prime shipping options available? I think they had a warehouse fire or something and.they are shipping from.another warehouse lol.
    I ordered a replacement reverse osmosis holding tank on Tuesday and it was at my door on Thursday. It was a Prime item shipped from a 3rd party business.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Just saw Asics shoes on sale on Slickdeals. Clicked... Amazon says if I order in the next 37 hours I can have them Tuesday with one day shipping.

Looked at some cookies and I can have them Monday with local express delivery.

Seems normal to me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just saw Asics shoes on sale on Slickdeals. Clicked... Amazon says if I order in the next 37 hours I can have them Tuesday with one day shipping.

Looked at some cookies and I can have them Monday with local express delivery.

Seems normal to me.

were the cookies the "customers also purchased" suggestion for the running shoes? :):

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Lol I know it is a first world problem.

No there is no fire AFAIK, I'm saying what I going on?

For those that say you had no problems this week, can you check out this link?

I typed in "watch" and this is the first prime eligible watch. Notice it says only standard shipping? I have been a prime member for a long time, this whole week I have not seen free 2 day shipping, 3.99 1 day, or even 8.99 Saturday options. They ALL say extra processing and free standard shipping only.

So did amazon just recently make changes? I know it says sold by 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon, but that has ever had any effect before. Even the shipped and sold by amazon items say standard shipping. I use to always use 2 day free or overnight shipping for 3.99.

GGI International Men'sLava Black Stainless Steel Lava RED LED Digital Bracelet Watch:Amazon:Watches

Here is a shipped and sold by amazon item, and it says standard shipping only.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/059035342X/ref=mp_s_a_1_2qid=1380472551&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

It did not link, but it.is a book that comes straight from the amazon warehouse.

What is going on here!!! Arrrrgh

I'm not new to amazon, I have used amazon forever, and have had prime for years now. This is NOT normal lol

Last edited:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Both of those say they're prime elegible and I can get them in one day if I want. Do you have the Amazon Prime logo on the top left, or just a regular Amazon logo? Are you logged out or did your Prime run out?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If you've ever lived under those conditions for any length of time you'll not spend much time complaining that your fast food didn't get there fast enough ;-)

Oh I guarantee it! It just seems like this attitude of Americans being shamed for worrying about the "problems" we have has been pounded into our minds so much, that I see it more and more. It's all part of the apologists agenda, and it really pisses me off. Used to be that Americans were taught to be thankful for everything we have, and now, we should be sorry?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Oh I guarantee it! It just seems like this attitude of Americans being shamed for worrying about the "problems" we have has been pounded into our minds so much, that I see it more and more. It's all part of the apologists agenda, and it really pisses me off. Used to be that Americans were taught to be thankful for everything we have, and now, we should be sorry?

Mmm, the flip side to that coin is the sense of entitlement attitude many of our fellow countryfolk seem to have. Dial 911 because your fast food order was wrong? Go the EMERGENCY ROOM because the drugstore was closed at night and you wanted cold remedy? Pitch a royal fit because some poor schmuck making minimum wage didn't wait on you hand and foot and bow and scrape to kiss your trailer trash butt? I see those types of examples all of the time. Back when I worked for someone else I had to deal with those jerks whose piddly little complaints against you when you were trying your best to do your job could get you fired... I am a volunteer for a national non-profit and we put on seminars and events where all of the people making it happen are volunteers, no one gets paid, and we get lots of people who come with a sense that we're there to serve their every stupid whim. Predictably enough, it's the other folks who volunteer a lot who pitch in when something needs to be done rather than just complain about what's not being done.

I don't think Americans shouldn't have the right to complain simply because we for the most part aren't living in mud huts wondering where our next meal came from, but I do think a whole lot of folks (not saying the OP here, just in general) have lost any sense of proportion when they do complain, and far more can't be bothered to lift a finger to help themselves.

A few years ago I was taking a camp shower outside in 20f weather around a campfire while I was rebuilding my house after having lost it totally due to a housefire, and listening to the radio about the plight of the survivors of some major disaster, most of whom had lost much of their family, and I did feel pretty thankful that I didn't lose anything but stuff and I had friends who were pitching in to help me rebuild. Of course, I'd spent some time doing disaster response, so I did have that perspective of just how much worse things could be.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Yes I see the prime logo, yes I am logged in. I even went through the check-out process, and it wont let me have the item for anything but standard shipping.

So this is an error just for me, if it isn't doing it for everyone. That is exactly why I posted here, I knew many of you are prime members. But this is still weird ( explain later )

I don't expect anyone to bow down to me at their service center, but it is EXTREMELY aggravating when you can't explain your problem, because the other person doesn't comprehend the English language, beyond the speech itself. I say that I no longer have the option of two day shipping as a prime member, the only shipping option it gives me is standard. And they repeat my question ( like they are going through a list of FAQ on their computer ) slowly, and then read from a script. I can tell they don't understand what I am saying! Especially when their answer is to describe what prime membership is, how 2 day shipping works, etc. I know how it works! I'm asking because it isn't working! LOL!!!

( Why the above was weird )

I told him hey the last item I ordered in my order history, I chose 2 day free shipping, but when I go to my order history, and re-browse back to the item to order another one it says " May require an extra 1 to 2 days to process " and only says standard shipping.

He then says Okay, this is a prime item that may take an extra one or two days to process, and it should arrive in 3-5 days.

Duh, I just told you that, I am asking WHY!

This tells me the error was also showing for him, when he was browsing through my account.

I just checked, and Amazon shows my prime is good through October 05, 2013, and then it will automatically charge me again for another year. I can still browse Instant Video just fine.

I think I need to take this through e-mail, I keep getting foreign call center employees on the phone -_-, maybe during the weekend the Americans don't work, lol?

ETA: My comments were not said aloud, that is just what I was thinking.... I wouldn't be rude to someone over the phone like that, it's not his fault. Like I said, I just put the phone down, and tried to get a better rep on the line.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Facepalm!

I called 3 more times and one person seemed to understand my question, and escalated my call, and this person said Hello, my name is.... and the call was dropped.

So I call back and a person named " Ace " answers, he had a thick accent, but understood perfectly my problem. He re-created the error and had me place a random order, then he cancelled it for me. Then he talked to a supervisor ( I could hear them, but not what they were saying ).

Somehow, my PO BOX ( billing address ) was entered into my account as my default auto-shipping address.Po Boxes do not get expedited shipping through UPS or FedEx! DUH!

No idea how this could happen, it must have been when I was returning my last item ( A Mako Front Line holster ). They said " All our holsters feature our Push and Draw retention system " which was false, they only feature that by request through Mako. I contacted Mako and they said Amazon was incorrect. So Amazon fixed it, and sent a driver back to the house, and refunded my money. This was the last interaction I had with Amazon. It was different from my usual returns, because I did it through the phone, not the online process. I wanted to make sure they knew every Mako Holster they had, had an incorrect item description, and it should probably be fixed. I gave the guy the phone number of Mako to confirm.

Thanks for letting me know it was on my end guys :D

Im stupid lol

Wish I had figured this out last week, because I had been trying to order a movie for school, which we had an online essay quiz over.
    But the movie " Come See the Paradise " kept saying standard shipping and wouldn't get here in time.
    Netflix had it, but obviously other people in class had Netflix because it went from the top of my que, and available to very long wait....

It turned out fine though, half the questions I could answer just from taking history. And the other half all I had to do was open up the script for the movie online and read the script and use CTRL+F to go back to key points for the questions.

Saved me 6 bucks!

I think as much as we pay in class fees, they should just buy the DVDs in bulk and hand or lend them out. Same thing with the last movie which was A Time to Kill.

Last edited:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Most of my orders through Amazon are fine, but when something goes wrong it takes several attempts to get it fixed. I am not impressed by their customer service at all.

Top Bottom