• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Gotta guy that wants to trade his stock mini 14 with one mag for my brand XD-40 setup with ammo and other crap. Problem is he said he wants cash on his end and proceeded to tell me that Ruger is a 900 dollar gun. Now, I'm not a rifle guru, but aren't those around 550-600 dollar rifles? I could've swore they were called the poor mans AR.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Not now a days, I have seen a few trade hands from shops and private sales in the 750-875 price range. Depending on the model.

Granted, I wouldn't spend that on one. I believe they're a solid $600 rifle. Nothing more.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    CDNN usually had them in the 600-750 price range but that was pretty darn cheap. I think I paid about 800 a few years ago for mine. I think they are a great rifle but to buy quality Ruger brand magazines for them can get pricey REALLY quick (even before the panic). Depending on how much he wants in cash, it could still be a good deal. I don't regret buying mine... but I like CDNN's prices better... if they still have any in stock. I'm guessing they don't.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Depending on how much he wants in cash, it could still be a good deal. I don't regret buying mine... but I like CDNN's prices better... if they still have any in stock. I'm guessing they don't.

I'm assuming 100 bucks wouldn't suffice, and I sure as hell am not giving a 700 dollar gun setup and cash. He seems to be of the "current situation" variety.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Well, then I'd pass on the deal. Nothing I hate more than when people want you to give your gun away for their "superior" gun. If you are really wanting a mini-14, just wait a bit longer. Looks like all prices are coming back down. That, or call CDNN and see if they have any mini-14s in stock. You could always sell your pistol outright.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I just checked out one of the gun selling sites and they are running from 650 up to 1200. Check out Guns America. The mags for it are very high. 150 and up. I wold say no to his trade and just buy one.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Walk away. Using your "poor man's AR" term, you could be shooting an AR for that, and even the cheaper ARs are better than a mini-14 (ok, that part will be debated by some of the mini-14 guys and is admittedly a preference thing, but *I* would take even a DPMS over a mini-14...)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Walk away don't fall prey to the panic pricing so many have succumbed to. After the panic is over prices will go back to far less than now for rifles. Really how badly do you need that rifle?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would not do that trade. To me they are a $600 dollar rifle, after market mags rarely work in them, so then you have to buy Ruger factory mags which were pricey before Sandy Hook.

Also, if you ever had to sell something, a hand gun sells much more quickly in my opinion.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    not sure where your at but a local gun store Gas City- Outlaws had a nice looking mini in there.. if you google it , it should come up.. sorry I dont have a price or a #.

tdmman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    South Central Indiana
    Two years ago you could buy a new XDM at the Indy 1500 for $500. You could not buy a new Mini -14 there for under $700. These are strange times. I have not seen a used Mini-14 for $550 or $600 since December. At this time everyone is a unsure of values. It will settle out very shortly.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    +1↑ If somebody gave me a mini14 I'd tape a quarter to it and leave it where someone could find it so it wouldn't be a total loss for the next guy.:dunno::twocents:

Really? No love for the mini-14? I really love mine and have no intentions of selling it. Don't believe I have EVER had a malfunction with it.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'd tell in that if I were going to throw in cash,I'd just go and get and AR and have the real deal .223 with the capability to convert to other calibers easily.Don't let yourself get screwed.If he is going to down-talk what you have,tell him that it must not be good enough for him and you'll take you deal elsewhere.I sure wouldn't trade my carry setup for a rifle,it's harder to conceal.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    Just checked the Ruger website,mini14 ranch wood stock, blued barrel msrp$ 909.00,Ipicked up a mini 30 at the end of the year for about 750 which was high but the store offered a layaway.

Top Bottom