• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    In the "get your ammo here" thread, Nipprdog posted about the availability of 9 mm in Aluminum casing. Does anyone have any experience with these? Really nice price!

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    CCi has made aluminum cases for years. Blazers, in 357, 9mm, 44, 45 etc. were brought to market to offer a less expensive cartridge than the brass cased brother of same. I have shot a lot of them with good results. They are not a re-loadable case in aluminum. I think the brass CCI Blazers re-loadable though.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    In the "get your ammo here" thread, Nipprdog posted about the availability of 9 mm in Aluminum casing. Does anyone have any experience with these? Really nice price!

:ingo:

I was going to start a thread asking specificly about the Federal aluminum cased ammo. Instead of starting another thread, I'll ask here. I didn't even know Federal offered it. Is it something new? Does anyone have any experience with it? I shot some CCI years ago with no problems.

Thanks

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I mentioned it in the "ammo here" thread as I picked up 10 boxes pf the Federal 9mm last week. I was supposed to test some out today but I didn't get a chance to get to the range.

So basically, nothing to report yet. I'm sure it will shoot fine in my Glock though.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I mentioned it in the "ammo here" thread as I picked up 10 boxes pf the Federal 9mm last week. I was supposed to test some out today but I didn't get a chance to get to the range.

So basically, nothing to report yet. I'm sure it will shoot fine in my Glock though.

I guess I should have asked if anyone had any experience shooting it, instead of buying it.

:lmfao:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I shot some Blazer aluminum in my SR9 once. It hated it. On the other hand, I had good luck with Blazer aluminum .357.
    YMMV.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I've shot plenty of the CCI over the years , 9mm,40 and 45 with no functional issues in any gun. Have no experience with the Federal. Now that said Kel Tec states clearly that it is not to be used in the Sub 2000 carbines. I think this is due to head separation issues in this gun.

Last edited:

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I have fired thousands of rnds of CCI Al 9mm . My MP5 did not like it, but all my pistols and SBR's work great. My XDs 3.3 9mm loves it. I will have to check out the Fed.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    I've used herters aluminum cased and the bullet is nylon jacketed. Shot several hundred rounds thru glock 19 with no hiccups. Good accuracy for a plinking round. I bought them a bass pro.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have run plenty of the CCI aluminum cases in various calibers through my Glocks without issue. Have not seen the Federal aluminum cased, but as long as it is a decent savings I would have no issues buying/shooting it.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Never shot new aluminum cased ammo, but have reloaded some as an experiment, reloaded 10 cases with midrange charges in 9mm, did it 5 times, no bad results, worked as any reloads do.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    CCi has made aluminum cases for years. Blazers, in 357, 9mm, 44, 45 etc. were brought to market to offer a less expensive cartridge than the brass cased brother of same. I have shot a lot of them with good results. They are not a re-loadable case in aluminum. I think the brass CCI Blazers re-loadable though.

I was told the same thing via ProFire Arms. Thats why I'd only buy brass bullets when buying new factory.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have run plenty of the CCI aluminum cases in various calibers through my Glocks without issue. Have not seen the Federal aluminum cased, but as long as it is a decent savings I would have no issues buying/shooting it.

I found the Federal for $9.97 a box at Wally World. Even cheaper than Tula steel cased.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Bought some 45 ACP @ Wally World for $14.97/50 yesterday as well as some 9MM @ $9.97/50. I was gonna bring it up here as well but looks like it's already here. But anyway, I'll shoot my 9 and 45 by this weekend, if it stinks I'l report back. Oh, this was the Federal Aluminum case as well. They had it in 9, 40, and 45.

sbmalibu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    north judson Indiana
    I ran 100 rounds of the blazer aluminum through my 1911 a couple weeks ago. No problems with them working but I did seem to be lacking some accuracy. Its a new gun and only 2nd time at the range with it so could have been me also.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Haven't tried the Federal but thousands of rounds of CCI Blazer through the years, in various calibers. Never had any issues beyond any other ammo.

Top Bottom