• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The action on a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 is good for making someone reconsider their actions in any scenario... Glad everything worked out okay and like stated up thread, be on the look out for a return visit.... Good Luck

Sure, a pump is scary, but I don't use a pump to scare someone. I use a pump to shoot someone

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Over a fairing? Why not let the idiot go and have the police pick him up for not paying? At least he would have been charged with a crime and you would not have been put in a position to defend yourself.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Obviously it is used to shoot and not scare.... That was the point.... Just the sound of the action is enough to deter further issue but the OP handled as well as anyone could have
    call me a woman but I keep a round in the chamber on my 870.. I like to be prepared. :dunno:
    Having the element of surprise is a nice thing too
    smiley-devil07.gif

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I just wanted to share an experiance I had the other day......... We had a guy come to pick up his bike and he almost left in a body bag.

We close at 5pm on Fridays so this guy shows up at 4:45 and starts going on about how he hates the fairing that we installed for him, never mind that he picked it out and looked at it when it can in.

We told him that we would push his bike into the shop untill he decided what he wanted us to do. He got on his bike and took his key so that we couldn't move it. Next he started saying that he wasn't paying for it and that we were going to give him his bike now. Then one of the owners came out and tried to talk to him but he didn't want to hear about a solution......as it escalted he took it to the next level.

He told a friend that was with him to go get his gun out of his truck, he was going to be going back to the pen.....at this point I took 2 steps back pulled my 380 out of my pocket and chambered a round and put it 1/2 way back into my front pocket with my hand firmly gripping it with my finger alongside the trigger.

By the look on his friends face you could see that he was through with his buddies game....shortly after this happened IMPD showed up, I told them that I was armed and they asked where it was and I told them in my pocket and that I had my permit in my billfold, they didn't disarm me and turned their attention to the man.

In the end the man did not have the money to pay for the work we had done and he had to call someone to come and pay for the bike.

BTW I was not the only armed employee there.

I will nip this in the bud....at work I carry my .380LCP in my front pocket without a round in the chamber because when I'm working around the bikes there are too many things to snag the trigger on and a holster make it stick out like a sore thumb.

Just thought that I would share........

Hey, that's my area for half my work week. I get off at 1400 though so I would not have responded anyway.

Top Bottom