• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I normally avoid that area but thanks to the Indy north split construction, and all the road closures, I had to take Rural to get on I-70 east. I was on Rural, waiting for the traffic light at Mass ave, I was the second car in the far right lane.

It was right around 4:05, rush hour cars everywhere. Out of sudden I heard 8-9 shots fired on my right near the Valero gas station/food mart. I couldn't see much because of the overgrown vegetation. I looked around, nobody else seemed to notice or tried to get out of there but I'm damn sure that weren't BB guns going off. About 15 seconds later, that was a another string of shots. That's when everybody started to move out.

As I passed the intersection, I saw a van stopped in the middle of Mass Ave, another small sedan, could be a older model BMW stopped between the west bound lane and the railway track perpendicular to the road. Not sure they are involved or just trying to get out of the way.

All in total probably 18-20 shots fired, in 2 mag dumps. The whole thing was over in less than 20 seconds.

No, I didn't stop to take a picture.

K

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    If the locals ran every time they heard gunshots, that entire area would look like the start of the Boston Marathon 24/7.
    My old employer's office was around the Keystone Ave./Fall Creek intersection, gun shots are not uncommon there at all. They've since relocated to the Fishers area for self preservation reasons.
    It is not safe there.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    That’s not an ideal area of the city. I’m in the area for work a lot, I don’t like it, but it is what it is. If it’s still open, getting on 70 at Michigan might be a safer alternative, or possibly shooting up west to 65 south/70 east. I’ve done that several times, it’s not bad, lots of traffic but I don’t feel like anyones target….

Top Bottom