All this talk about cheap pistols, rebates, sales etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Inexpensive doesn't necessarily mean cheap.

For example: I let a buddy shoot my relatively inexpensive 30-30 NEF Handi-Rifle using my handloads. At 100 yards he fired three rounds into a 3/8th" group. Another fellow at the range that day was shooting a very expensive European bolt rifle in .22 Hornet. Besides having problems with case extraction, he was only achieving 3/4" groups at fifty yards.

I carry a used S&W 915 that I modified somewhat to suit me. My wife carries a new 9mm Taurus 24/7 DAO pistol.

You don't need a BBQ piece to get the job done.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    +1

Sigma: Most of the sigmas Ive seen work really really well. They are reasonably accurate and very dependable (RELIABLE). Their triggers are weird, however, there are many fixes online to get rid of that. I have handled many of the fixed trigger ones and none of them had any problems (felt great actually). I was interested in them as they were polymer, American made and didnt have a funky polygonal barrel (hello berrys!). Its not a bad gun. To quote someone I talked to once about his Sigma (after telling him I was impressed with it), he said, most of the folks that badmouth Sigmas, dont own one or never owned one. They just read what others have "said" and go with it. Many Glock and 1911 people are very caliber/weapon specific: If it doesnt conform to their "snobbery" then it isnt reliable or its a piece of junk. The folks that own Sigmas are generally happy with it. Since the internet is NOT like the shooting range (there isnt a flesh and blood person next to you), then they can say the bloody thing blew up on them or created a Dirac sea, taking out half the planet. People have come to depend on what they hear, without real evidence. Remember: Believe half of what you see, none of what you hear.

That being said, I have a few higher class pistols, however, I would not want to use one on someone if they broke in b/c I would never see it again. Why not a Sigma?

Bargain/Saturday Night/Homie Arms (HO) weapons: EVERY Hi-point we have had at Eagle Creek (exception of one) was garbage. Terrible accuracy (even with a good shooter, not the owner, behind the trigger) and jammomatics. Upon further investigation, the mags are terrible. The feedramp needs polishing. The triggers are abhorrent with very cheap springs to actuate the appropriate parts. Not my idea of fun. There have been people online that LOVE their Hi-points, and I respect their decision. However, I PERSONALLY would not be caught with one. Its MY choice, not the gun social's choice.

Jimenez: I would not own another. Had one in college. Still have scar on hand from it's subsequent explosion. OUCH DAMNIT! Actually its faded pretty nicely, but the mental scar remains.

I kan has Glox?: I like Glocks (they are reliable and accurate), but probably wont get one any time soon. I need ergonomics in my guns. That is my OPINION, a concept often construed as a personal attack to Glock owners, especially in today's faceless internet. That is why I like INGO: People know who you are! :D I have always been impressed with Glocks, not as their history or performance, but their simplicity. They are like the AK of pistols, feed it anything, never clean it and bury it in mud and it will IMPROVE it's performance (somehow).

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I believe it as Clint Smith who stated " the world would be a very safe place if everyone just bought a Model 10 Smith & Wesson and learned how to use it". I concur....though the days of the $150 Mod 10's and 15's are over. Sigh....I miss the 1990's :(

Top Bottom