• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    At a range committee meeting the subject of alcohol was brought. I was wondering how other ranges controlled alcohol.
    No booze
    Designated areas
    No drinking signs

Bsubtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    Dekalb county
    The handgun/rifle range I belong to bans it with a sign. However, no one is there, normally, to enforce it. I do not know about the policy at the clays range I go to. My guess is most places ban it for liability reasons. Easier to ban it and look the other way for guys having a beer in the parking lot after shooting than making it okay in some instances and having something go wrong.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would not patronize a range that tolerated ANY alcohol anywhere on the property.

Alcohol + firearms = accident waiting to happen

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Guns and booze DO NOT MIX. I have noticed people drinking when I was a member at Edwardsburg C.C. in Michigan. I just left.

Bsubtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    Dekalb county
    My preference would be to allow it as a personal freedom issue. That being said; the person who needs to be told guns and booze don't mix is the guy you don't want shooting near sober or not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My preference would be to allow it as a personal freedom issue. That being said; the person who needs to be told guns and booze don't mix is the guy you don't want shooting near sober or not.

Personal freedom be damned if you are on the range with someone under the influence.
    I see and understand your point but people confuse freedom with I will do as I please to often. Common sense can not be relied upon.

Post #5

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I would not patronize a range that tolerated ANY alcohol anywhere on the property.

Alcohol + firearms = accident waiting to happen

I saw a new upscale country club type indoor gun range with a bar on site online. As I recall to get into the bar you have to scan your member card. Once you scan your member card on that door, it "locks you out" of the range for the rest of the day by flagging your account so the RO at the range desk knows you are a no-go. Interesting concept.

But outside of something like that, Yes. alcohol at a range is a mistake.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I find it mind boggling that from a stand point of liabillity that any gun range would ever allow alcohol anywhere ever in any area of the entire range, ever, ever, period. Allowing alcohol is a range closing law suit just waiting to happen.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, in a bigger club I can see being able to have a cold One after shooting, but the only way to be Safe in such a situation would be something like what cameramonkey described. But for most smaller ranges/clubs it's just not feasible to do that, and so to me that makes alcohol a no go. I can always wait till later.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Having one friend get "accidentally" shot by someone who had been drinking out on a hunt was enough for me. It's not a good idea, and the liability concerns sound like a nightmare/a lawyer's dream.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My clubs in Texas, both privately run, did not ban beer. The rule was the last shot had to come before the first beer. People would finish up, put their guns away and set on the club house porch drinking beer watching the other shooters. I was never really for beer on the range, but I never saw any problems by anyone due to misuse.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Personal freedom be damned if you are on the range with someone under the influence.
    I see and understand your point but people confuse freedom with I will do as I please to often. Common sense can not be relied upon.

Post #5

This right here!!! I can't agree enough.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Heck no.

I shot a major match in TN once where some guys brought the beer out after the match. I really couldn't believe it and left as quick as I could.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    As soon as booze is brought up, it automatically follows that someone will start griping that 'we're gonna have a buncha wild drunks out there shooting the weather vane on top of the clubhouse! No, no, no!' We hear the same thing if anyone on INGO mentions they've had even so much as a sip of liquor while carrying. It's ludicrous, ridiculous, and beyond hypocritical.

This is the same type of rhetoric that libtards always use, and it's just as dumb: 'If you let some guy just starting carrying a gun around at the shopping center or restaurant, we'll have a bunch of vigilante psychos shooting up the place! No, no, no!'

"Accident waiting to happen"? That's EXACTLY the same thing the left-loon, anti-gun, libtards say about YOU carrying a firearm in public.

Even worse, these same 'nay-sayers' will fervently post their absolute endorsement of legalizing and smoking pot. Would they, then, accept someone smoking pot while at the range? Or will they be hypocrites about that, as well?

It's more than 'ironic', it's a libtard mindset.

IF you can't expect and envision members / attendees being as responsible with imbibing as they are with their firearms, WHY would you allow that person (or persons) on the range to begin with? :rolleyes:

We should expect (and 'demand') that folks be responsible in their composure at all times, in every manner. With their firearms, and with their choice of beverage. Everyone is accountable for their actions, at all times.

Either you're in favor of personal choices, and responsible behavior with those choices, or your not. Period.

How 'bout this: Act responsibly.

Top Bottom