• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    So this video came up in my YouTube feed...

The amount of FUD that is being spread is ... shocking but not surprising.

I do find it a bit humorous they gave the exact reason they're really concerned though: "The sheriff's department has already lost over $700,000 in revenue from permit fees. Revenue that is desperately needed."

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    Typical anti gun thinking. Like the statement the news person made that the law would allow anyone including a convicted felon to carry a gun and no one could do anything about it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk nails it! These bureaucrats just love to take our money! It’s just ridiculous that this “stuff” goes on all over the place in our country. God help us, please???
    I mean, I understand that Sheriff Leghorn is upset about the training budget but it sounds like the Alabama Sheriffs need to talk to their County Council and budget for more for training and less money on new cars, guns, office furniture, whatever.

A legit gripe, however, if Leghorn is losing 700K (got to be for the whole state, right?) then the permit should have been abolished decades ago. They got dependent and fat on the largess of the unconstitutional statute and now is the reckoning.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Kirk nails it! These bureaucrats just love to take our money! It’s just ridiculous that this “stuff” goes on all over the place in our country. God help us, please???
    This is why the other alphabet agency is whining about pistol braces... "Gotta get them there pistol braces registered as sbr's cause we need that there $200 for our coffers".

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The free 5 year LTCH started in July 2020 and the free lifetime LTCH came a year later. ConC became law in Indiana two years after free licensing started. That's not a coincidence.

In the Summer Study in 2017 where ConC finally got a hearing (more or less,) I thought a significant amount of the LEO opposition was about the money. In 2021 (when we came really close to getting ConC) there were more LEO testifying in favor of ConC than opposed.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm still waiting for the rivers of blood in our streets.
    I suspect more armed citizens will result in less blood in the streets. Criminals don't like targeting armed people if they can help it and knowing that almost anyone can now be armed without jumping through hoops.

That's more of a common sense thing though and those that are super anti-gun don't usually seem to have much sense nor do they tend to base much of their decision making processes in logic.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I suspect more armed citizens will result in less blood in the streets. Criminals don't like targeting armed people if they can help it and knowing that almost anyone can now be armed without jumping through hoops.

That's more of a common sense thing though and those that are super anti-gun don't usually seem to have much sense nor do they tend to base much of their decision making processes in logic.
    I don't think it will have a noticeable difference either way. Gangs will still be killing people.

jcole123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2022
    Indianapolis
    So this video came up in my YouTube feed...

The amount of FUD that is being spread is ... shocking but not surprising.

I do find it a bit humorous they gave the exact reason they're really concerned though: "The sheriff's department has already lost over $700,000 in revenue from permit fees. Revenue that is desperately needed."

While constitutional carry is wonderful, I think many people will still buy carry licenses such as myself because it gives you the ability to carry out of state. I do think some revenue will be lost, but they’re grossly over exaggerating it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    OMG.
    Something has happened, that half the country does.
    There will be blood in the streets, just like those other States.... or NOT.

Top Bottom