• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    up date to an old thread. I finally got around to working on this AK, Figured out how to get the barrel out with the receiver still on the trunion.

Used some lever action and it pressed right out. I did by a barrel installation and removal tool which helped some but probably could have gotten by with out it.
    Here is what I have done so far. Still haven't threaded but this is what it took to get to the point of being ready to cut threads.

Trying to eliminate factory brake and tread the barrel

The original muzzle break was welded onto the front sight BTW. Irrelevant, just trivia

Pressing out setup:
    I just pushed on the bar as close to the barrel as possible, this worked great

Had to cut the barrel down past the grooves for the front sight pin then turn the barrel down so the front sight would go back on. After cutting the barrel I set it up in the lathe concentric to the bore and squared the barrel and went ahead and cut a new crown while it was dialed in.

Rounded the corners anticipating threading

Crowned

I didn't have enought room with that setup to turn the end of the barrel so I changed up and turned the barrel to a press fit for the front sight

changed setup again and installed front sight onto the barrel as far as I could and squared up the front edge and made a shoulder for what ever muzzle device this is going to get

I now have some barrel to turn down so I can thread. Thats all I had time to do this morning

Top Bottom