• ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    what'd you want, a cheap POS?

I've seen gas 1911 airsoft guns for $399

and "open" airsoft race guns for $1000.

Actually, half that price is good enough. Glock is just being Glock about it.

To me, it's too much to spend on equipment that gets smashed, thrown, and broken on a regular basis because of the intensity of the training. And more money doesn't really equate to "more rugged" once you get past the spring operated guns.

I spent $100 on my main Colt Commander (live gun, used) years ago. I cleaned it, changed out the springs, it's worked fine for years. Sure, I could spend $2500 on a Wilson Combat, and it would be really pretty, no doubt. But I probably wouldn't be as reliable as my old, clunky Commander, since all that extra money tends to go into hand fitting and tighter machining...which as we all know, actually reduces reliability when a gun gets hot, and that's not what I want in a self defense gun.

That being said, obviously Airsoft guns don't get hot, but those who have done some real Airsoft training should be able to testify that "accuracy levels" were not the issue. Yes, we want guns that run, and we want them able to withstand being dropped on the floor more than once. I just haven't seen an expensive Airsoft gun that looked like it would hold up to me throwing it on the concrete any more than a cheap one. And I don't own them to punch tiny holes in paper at 25-yards. Because of that, I invest in the reliable guns for $100-200, and then expect to have to replace them every so often.

Perhaps the new Glock Airsoft will be a true metal gun, but they had a sample at the SHOT Show this year and those who saw it said it wasn't any more impressive than the Korean Airsoft guns.

Hope I'm wrong, because we all could really use some hard to break Airsoft guns - and if they make one for $300-400, I'd consider it if I knew it would last me.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm just hoping they bring something special to airsoft. There is hope they set a new standard. It may... or may not happen. Won't know until they come out. Can only hope at this point.

If it sucked at the SHOT show, that is disappointing.

Delmar

Master
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    airsoftgi.com is a good place. Real airsoft is a lot more intense that most people think it is. Not the cheap crap you can buy at retail stores, but the real deal stuff. Ranges from about 150 to 1500 for decent to high quality stuff, and I bet you could use some of it for home defense if you are in to that "non lethal" stuff. I'm not, but if I were a burglar and I got sprayed in the face with .20g BB's at 500fps, I would leave fairly quickly. Holding my eyes and broken teeth.
    I have no idea why anyone would pay $1500 for a .22 rifle either, but people do it.

Top Bottom