Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The latest in climate-alarmism.

plane_generic.jpg

Airline Asks Passengers to go to the Bathroom Before Boarding

A Japanese airline has started asking passengers to go to the toilet before boarding in a bid to reduce carbon emissions.

All Nippon Airways (ANA) claims that empty bladders mean lighter passengers, a lighter aircraft and thus lower fuel use.

Airline staff will be present at boarding gates in terminals to ask passengers waiting to fly to relieve themselves before boarding, The Independent reported.

ANA hopes the weight saved will lead to a five-tonne reduction in carbon emissions over the course of 30 days.

The airline began the policy on October 1, according to Japans NHK television.

Although it is intended as an experiment lasting one month and 42 flights, the trial may be extended if it is well-received by passengers and if results are positive.

Based on an average human bladder capacity of 15oz, if 150 passengers relieved themselves on board an aircraft, this would amount to 63.7kg of waste.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wow! Leave it to the Japanese to do it one step better.

I will do this before I take an auto trip so I don't have to stop so soon. Now I have even a better reason. I am now peeing first just to be Green. LOL

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Wait until you are weighed before and after the flight... and fined if you get "lighter" over the course of the trip.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Passenger: "I'm running late for my flight."

Gate attendant: "Sir, have you relieved yourself within the last 5 minutes?"

Passenger: "No, I'm running late."

Gate attendant: "Sir, please use this bucket to relieve yourself before boarding."

Passenger: "Are you serious?"

Gate attendant: "RIGHT NOW!"

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I've already taken care of that mamasan, but I just killed the toilet.. Yer gonna need a few Samurai with gas masks and power tools before anyone else can board that plane..

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Sir you opted out of the enema at check in. We are going to have to charge you extra.

How much does blood weigh? You can donate blood and save the Earth!

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    All Nippon Airways (ANA) claims that empty bladders mean lighter passengers, a lighter aircraft and thus lower fuel use.

This was the number one idea. Wait until they institute the number two idea.

Top Bottom