• ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Recently purchased M&P2.0 4.6IN 10MM.
    Followed up with Springer Guide Rod and 20lb and 24lb recoil spring (ISMI from Indiana).

Ordered a Timney Alpha Competition Trigger upgrade kit.

Watched numerous videos on installation. Video's: 10 minutes, easy. Actual: 30 minutes because it was not as easy as shown.

Results: Amazing trigger pull and reset. The factory trigger was perfectly fine and more than likely would become better the more rounds shot through it but being this is 10MM with limited role in home defense, not going to get more than a few hundred rounds for testing.
    I know APEX and perhaps a few others produce triggers but I went Timney. It was a great learning experience and now I understand the M&P2.0 trigger system better.
    The only other trigger experience was putting in a re-strike trigger in the Taurus G2C (Keep Tinkering). That is a great trigger too. Highly recommend for all G series Taurus.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I just put a new MCARBO trigger in my hellcat pro. Just the trigger blade itself, not the whole springs etc, because the stock one pinched my finger. Huge differenc, makes this gun a pure joy to shoot now. They do make the whole kit, but just the trigger blade was enough to fix my issue. Ten minutes of work and it was pretty easy.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    There are safe aftermarket triggers and some downright dangerous ones. Be careful.

I'm more familiar with Glock triggers than M&P, so can't speak to them.
    From what I can ascertain, Timney triggers are well respected. I understand that the APEX triggers are as well.
    The advantage for me using the Timney triggers is that only a few parts needed to be exchanged to improve the trigger.

My experience has been that ALL things are subject to failure, at some point in time.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    I have never replaced any triggers. I've cleaned and polished some up, removed or modified springs, but never fully replaced. It does pique my interest.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I have never replaced any triggers. I've cleaned and polished some up, removed or modified springs, but never fully replaced. It does pique my interest.
    The only reason I really purchased the new Timney Alpha Competition trigger was the M&P2.0 came with a trigger safety shoe and I personally don't care for them. I understand them but prefer to go without.

In our household, it is my lovely wife and myself. Two pups and a kitten. They have no access to the firearms
    The Timney has an amazing pull weight and the trigger reset is fantastic. The trigger, striker block and sear were replaced. I found a good price from WING TACTICAL and there are numerous installation videos from Timney and CommiTube.
    Plus, I retain all the parts from the OEM should something down the road go bad.
    :ar15:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I always replace CZ P10 series triggers with either HBI theta triggers, or the CGW straight aluminum trigger. While the stock trigger is very nice, with a crisp, clean break and a short and tactile reset, the design of the trigger causes it to irritate my finger after 50 - 100 rounds. Due to this issue, I replace the trigger shoe only with one of the above mentioned triggers and I continue to have the great trigger break and reset, with a trigger that no longer irritates my finger. A side benefit is that the trigger shoe is now metal, instead of nylon.

Top Bottom