• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Does anyone have an aftermarket buffer they can endorse? I was wanting to buy one and didn't what to buy. I was thinking of maybe a hydraulic one, or a tungsten weighted one. Thoughts?

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I have been using the spikes buffer and while it is a little different it isn't that different if you know what I mean

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    I have a hydraulic enidine buffer which I originally bought and used in my dpms ar10 worked good and felt let recoil but I sold the rifle and kept the buffer it is now in my spr ar15. And it works awsome aswell less recoil and helps when shooting fast idk if their a differnce between the ar10 and ar15 model but the ar10 helps out in my rifle I wish I could feel it in a gun that has 3round burst and see if it'd make that more pleasant

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    If you have a carbine buffer, go out and get an H3 buffer. Then you can pop the backs off and make any weight you want. The carbine has no tungstun and the H3 has 3 tungstun. Pop the backs off both and take 1 tungstun out of the H3 (makes it an H2) and swap it into the carbine (makes it an H1). For the cost of 1 H3 buffer, you can make 4 different weights and experiment with what works best for you.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I run the Spikes ST-T2 buffer in my AR and when comparing the standard carbine buffer with the ST, the ST seems to give me less felt recoil and that annoying weight moving noise is gone.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    The loose weights are intended to help prevent bolt bounce. A Spikes T or T2 uses Tungsten powder and does not give the same effect. It is probably more important in a full auto weapon.

I switched my carbine length 16" barrel from a CAR to an H2 buffer, and it smoothed it out quite a bit using 5.56 ammo. It really slows it down with Tula ammo but it still runs. My midlength shoots fine with a CAR buffer.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    That RRA is no doubt overgassed, and has a semi-auto bolt carrier unless you replaced it. That being the case I would use a plain old H2 buffer. It should still function fine with cheap, low powered plinking ammo, and wouldn't work the gun so hard with with real, high pressure ammo.
    A buffer is not a very good place to spend money on something that is touted as new and improved, the Vltor A5 system being the exception.

Top Bottom